Re-Stock Fee of $50 for Returned Phones No Matter the Circumstance or How Long You are a Customer
joel19
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an issue with Verizon's Re-Stock fee of $50 on a return. In my case, I ordered the Moto G Power but received the Moto G7 Power. My beef is:

1) While using the Verizon network for the order, my connection was bad and I could not hear the representative clearly. I stated this several times, but he wanted to get the sale through.

2) I have been a continuous customer with Verizon for 20 years and have only asked for consideration on being over on my data a few years ago. Otherwise, I pay my bill timely.

When I learned about the processing fee in my questions for the return, the phone representative was professional and my questions were answered. The bottom line was that I was presented the T & C of the purchase and the phone model was stated, so Verizon would not waive the $50 re-stock fee.

I accept that reasoning, but my sentiment is that I have spent money with Verizon for over 20 years. I have stayed with them because of their customer service and in this instance, Verizon FAILED me.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: Re-Stock Fee of $50 for Returned Phones No Matter the Circumstance or How Long You are a Customer
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It isn't bad customer service when the customer doesn't read or understand the the policies of company they are engaging with. 

See the return policy linked below. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/return-policy/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re-Stock Fee of $50 for Returned Phones No Matter the Circumstance or How Long You are a Customer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good evening, joel19! I would first like to take a moment and thank you for your many years of loyalty! They truly do mean a great deal to us! The re-stocking fee is charged to every customer if they return an opened device. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way regarding the fee, however we do aim to be as transparent as possible. Ann154 provided a great link for review. This goes over specifics regarding our Return Policy. We apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Likes