Re: Why has our coverage and signal strength decreased?
Ina_B
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem, in recent months, inside my house, the signal is horrible, people can not hear me on my phone, I have to travel about a mile away.  I never had this problem in my area until recently.  I chose Verizon because I lived in a rural location and they had the best service, what has happened and what can you do about it????

Ina_B
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have always had unlimited, but during the corona outspread, they increased hotspot data which I didn't have to use, and right after they decreased it to normal, that's when I started having problems with people not able to hear me on my phone while inside my home.  

0 Likes
Leslie63
Enthusiast - Level 2

My signal goes to 1 bar the minute I walk in my house.  I guess I live in a hole.  Verizon has changed over the years and after getting involved in the billing end of my account I can tell you the biggest mistake I made was getting a phone  on a BOGO as I now have 20 months left on a contract that after 30 years loyalty - I can not wait to get out of.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring our network is working properly is always of our utmost priority. We can definitely assist you with any service issues currently being experienced. In order to do so properly, we will need to some additional details. What are the 2 nearest cross streets and zip code where the issue is being experienced? Is the issue also present if using Wi-Fi calling for your calls (https://www.verizon.com/support/wifi-calling-faqs/) or just when using the cellular signal? What is the make and model of your device?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
Db100

I am rural also. And. have poor signal strength lately. My job requires phone conversations in conference calls but have to drive at least a mile away for good reception.  But, VPN for my job doesn't work in my car a mile away so have no work data to do the call in my car.  Hotspots not allowed.  A real problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Db100, we know how important it is to have reliable service and this is far from the experience we want for you. Please tell us, what is your zip code? When did these service issues begin? What signal (LTE, 3G, 1x) do you see on your device when you're in this area?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Hvpeyton3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Every blue moon it will go to a second bar but has been mostly 1 bar. Previously it was 3 - full bars all the time around my residence in Raleigh, NC.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Hvpeyton3! We certainly understand wanting to know what is happening with your signal and are here to help! Does this signal loss effect talk, text, and data?

0 Likes