Re: YouTube is being throttled so badly by verizon
SteveWLA

I just switched to Verizon a month ago & YouTube often buffers while watching 480p videos & sometimes even at 360p. I'm not going to watch a 240p video. I am in 90016. I will consider switching carriers if this continues. Any suggestions how to fix this from Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SteveWLA
We don't want you to have any remorse about switching to our wireless network. At this time, no issues or outages have been reported in Los Angeles. However, we'd like to take a closer look at your device. Are you accessing YouTube from the website browser on your phone or did you download the YouTube application? Did you recently update the software on your phone or download a new application to it? 

For more device support, click the link below: 

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
SteveWLA

Thank you for responding. I just want to know if my account is being throttled on YouTube. I have a brand new Pixel 3a & I have the YouTube app & everything else. Google updates my phone constantly since it is a Google phone. Besides, I bought it the 2nd day the phone was released, which was about 2 or 3 months ago. I also want to know if there is a way to put some kind of device to boost my signal from my apartment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SteveWLA, you're welcome. Being able to use your brand new device the way it is intended is essential as I also rely on my device to work as a consumer myself. We know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating signal, and we want to fix this. In order to better assist you, can you please provide the nearest intersection and zip code for the last location this issue occurred? Is the issue only with the YouTube application or any type of application that you stream video on? How are your calls and text messaging experience? In regard to a device to boost the signal in your home, we will be happy to review this further as soon as we can determine the actual cause of the issue of course.

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
SteveWLA

It only happens at home. Nowhere else (except one incident listed below). It's my home address listed on my account. You have my permission to look it up through my account, since it is connected to my name here. I'm certain we use screen names here & not phone numbers, names or addresses because you want to keep people on the internet from knowing where others live. I get excellent service everywhere except home, although while in Santa Monica one day a week or so ago, I could not get my Pokemon Go app to work, but going onto the city WiFi, it worked perfectly. I went back to Verizon & it did not work at all. This happened around 3rd Street Promenade/Santa Monica Place 90401. Over the years I have had Cingular, MetroPCS, Cricket, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. I have happiest with Verizon outside of home. Sprint was so much faster at home, but it did not work in several states I visited, which is unacceptable. I will not go back to them, ever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for all the useful details, SteveWLA. I know how much I rely on my cell service when at home, so do not worry, we will work towards a resolution together. Just to clarify a detail, when you are outside of your home YouTube works better? With regard to the issue in Santa Monica, that was a one-time issue, correct? When you are at home, please visit https://www.speedtest.net/ to complete a test for download and upload speeds and share the results with us here.

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes