Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Really Bad/No service Wooster Ohio, Wayne County Fair
Vanlanen

The Wayne County Fair is taking place from September 10 to 15,  Wooster Ohio 44691.  Verizon service for 5g has been bad or non-existent during Fair hours, Businesses have not been able to process Credit Cards, First Responder's can not talk to each other by voice or text, and parents are unable to call children when separated.  This also effects users close to the fair grounds in the same geographical area.  This is a huge loss of business and major safety risk.   Please check the towers and logs if you can see rejected calls, text not process and maximum session supported and see if something can be done.   Sincerely your Subscribers in Wayne County Ohio. Please contact me by email if more information is needed. 

0 Likes
Re: Really Bad/No service Wooster Ohio, Wayne County Fair
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If the county fair organizers knew this could be an issue, they should have reached out to Verizon Wireless business services to request a portable cell tower to supplement the existing permanent towers. Verizon Wireless does this service all the time for large sporting events and gatherings especially if they know the existing network capabilities would be stretched to the maximum degradatiing everyone's experience. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Vanlanen

They have, and Verizon has ignored the situation.  It is also the worsted its ever been. Last couple of years bad service, this year no service. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to have the best service possible, Vanlanen! While it's true that large seasonal gatherings can play a factor with signal. This is due to the number of users, and service will vary throughout the day. We would love to troubleshoot this with you, but you would need to be in the affected area to do that. Please reach out to us when you're there, and we can go from there. http://spr.ly/6600Muwsa Thank you!  

-Jordan

0 Likes
Vanlanen

That would be great BUT, when there, I have my phone and no internet or ability to call you.  If you have another option that would be fantastic.   Also On my walk today, I had 3 dropped calls, I'm over 3 miles away from the fair grounds. I would believe you jut don't have the capacity to server your users at this time. 

0 Likes
Vanlanen

And you dropped a link I won't be able to use and ran, Way to solve the issue. 😉

0 Likes
Vanlanen

Wow I just got a Badge for my last reply. Will that fix the issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, Vanlanen. Please be assured that our only goal is to provide you with the best possible service everywhere and always. We want you to have an excellent experience. While several factors outside of our control (confirm at this link https://www.verizon.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/) including network congestion caused by the extra users due to the fair can impact service at any time, we would love an opportunity to check your concerns further and explore options to improve your wireless experience.

We sent you a private message to assist you further as more specific details and access to your account are necessary to explore options to improve your service. Please reply to that private message at your convenience for further assistance. -Antonio

0 Likes
Vanlanen

I have responded. The Fair is over tonight, so, kind of a moot point right now.  Would be great to fix this next year.   I've called a representative Tuesday night who want to sell me different plan. That still doesn't help the 10k people who may not be able to call 911 in the event of an emergency. 

0 Likes
Vanlanen

FYI Verizon is looking into it.  

0 Likes