Rebate Denied for Phone Purchased in Full
seattlecellgrizzly

I switched over from T-Mobile in December 2021 to try and take advantage of the "Switch and we'll pay your old plan" deal. Called a representative and walked through the account set up, phone ordering, etc while on the line.

Specifically asked about the terms which were roughly noted as

• You have to buy a new device >$699.99
  • You have to submit the rebate within 60 days
  • You have to stay with Verizon for 1 year

I also asked about whether I could buy the phone in full. It was noted it made no difference to the rebate as the terms were around the price of the device.

Finally got my rebate process and it has been marked "Invalid" for the following reason: "The line associated with this rebate requires an eligible device transaction."

I'm not getting much traction calling in/chatting since most reps tell me it's not their department and that there's no number I can use to speak to that department. I believe I have logs of me asking the question and the rep confirming. What's the best course of action here?

(I'd be happy to return and/or switch my paid off device to a payment plan if that's needed. Or something else)

0 Likes
Re: Rebate Denied for Phone Purchased in Full
seattlecellgrizzly

Update: Got a call with a helpful representative after 4-5 calls with reps where I was told they needed to talk to their supervisor and “They’d call back with a supervisor in a few minutes” but never called back.

They confirmed they would be able to approve my rebate after all. But can’t provide any documentation and the process may take a few hours to a few days.

It’ll be great if we can get this resolution. But I suppose I’m concerned about having to go through this run around again without any proof of this rep’s claim. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the promotions you qualify for. *Melissa

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

If you still need help with this, we'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. *Melissa

0 Likes