Rebate bait and switch
PGMAYR
Enthusiast - Level 2

Long story short. I responded to an offer directly from V to BYOD for $500. I did this Aug 25, my number ported in the 26th. I get an email stating my rebate is $350. How is this possible. I am going to port my number right back out if this isnt corrected. Ridiculous. 

Re: Rebate bait and switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PGMAYR, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go so soon. Making sure you are receiving the correct Rebate promotion is important. Our $500 BYOD e-gift card promotion is an online-only promotion. You will be required to activate a 4G/5G device, Port-in your phone number and be on a Premium unlimited plan (Play More, Do More or Get More. Please review the promotion details here https://vz.to/3BqOe87.   -Sylvia

0 Likes
Re: Rebate bait and switch
ExiledEnigma

Here’s a great story for you. I was told by Verizon that if I brought my own device that I was eligible for a $500 rebate e-gift card. I did everything they asked I kept my device active for 45 days as the promotion states and I never canceled my service. Yet they have determined that because I canceled my line I was no longer eligible for the rebate so they have now charged me $500 which I can’t afford because I am on disability. Yet in the details of the promotion it says service not line. If this isn’t bait and switch I don’t know what is.

0 Likes