Rebate issues
anthonylombardi2007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reviewed multiple posts about the rebates issues Verizon has no honored. 

September 26th, tried to do a port in from TMobile with an offer of 250.00 per line for a total of 4 lines. Issues with doing it online so I went to the Manalapan Wireless store in NJ. Spoke with a CSR there and he advised he could do it for me. Got the lines ported, submitted the rebate applications that same day from within the store. Received confirmation that the rebates were received and would take 4 weeks to process. Waited the entire time patiently. Checked on rebates via the rebate site and they were DENIED. Denied based on the fact "the wrong promo code was used" which is plain absurd. I contacted the CSR that had guided me through the rebate process and he advised that he would correct it instantly (I have his text messages saved). Apparently the account manager was on vacation which he sent me an email to that fact. I waited for days and reached out again. Apparently the account manager was not answering him. I then called the store itself and bypassed the CSR to get to the manager. I got the DM on the phone and explained the situation to him. He advised me that he was sorry this happened and he would call and straighten it out and follow up with me. He did not. He apparently switched the code to a 150 per line promotion and promised me that he would honor the rebate of 250.00 per line. I had not heard anything and was not about to wait 4 more weeks to find out nothing was done. I had a documented chat where the codes the manager supplied me with were incorrect to track. The CSR on the phone then supplied me with the codes that were supplied to them. (Well at least now I can track the 150.00 X 4 gift cards which are still not issued 2 months after the initial visit to the store) Now I emailed the store manager asking for an explanation about how he planned to cover the 400.00 difference between what I was promised and what was told to me by rebate team was the supplied codes and offers. He has not called me back as promised. All of these conversations were documented (even the screenshots of the chat) I have wasted hours of my time for something that I followed instructions religiously and documented. I am at the point of bringing Verizon to small claims court and letting the court of law decide what is legally owed to me. 

0 Likes
Re: Rebate issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're so glad that you decided to join the Verizon family and we want to help make things right with regard to your rebate submission. Your time is valuable and we want to ensure that this is resolved ASAP. I have sent a Private Note in order to further assist you. We look forward to hearing from you there.

LaurenC_VZW

anthonylombardi2007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied to the private note just now. Why not just leave a public response to my issue? 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I will reply to your Private Note, anthonylombardi2007. In order to review your account details, we will need to continue in private for your account security. I hope this answers your question.

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
anthonylombardi2007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried to continue in private but cannot reply to your message. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for keeping us posted. Since we will review promo information on your specific account, we want to safeguard your info by going into a private note setting.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying, anthonylombardi2007. What happens when you try to reply to the Private Message? Are you receiving any error messages? Have you tried using an alternate web browser to respond back?

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
mvoss2010
Enthusiast - Level 2

They did the same thing to me. And then they never responded to my private message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is never the experience we want for our customers. Let's get this figured out. A private Message has been sent. AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
dhegglin

I have the exact same problem.  4 lines moved from t-mobile and was promised $250 per line to come over to Verizon.  I had to pay off an existing phone to do this and of course the plan is more expensive @ Verizon.  Phone numbers seem to not work, and everytime I'm on the phone with them it takes an hour out of my day.  I think they don't want to honor the rebates.  Thinking of switching back to Tmobile or going to ATT.

0 Likes