Re: Rebate issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely never the way we want you to feel about us, dhegglin. We know how important it is for you to be able to get the rebates you were promised. Please meet us in a Private Message to investigate this further for you.

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
anthonylombardi2007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I feel your pain. Now I spoke to someone named Pedro last night for an hour. He couldnt even look me up by the main number on my account. It is an absolute scam. Now I just read through alot of posts here and tey are saying that this is just a card you can use with VERION ALONE? Again, not what was portrayed to me from the get go. I have so many text messages, emails, phone calls about this its utterly ridiculous. Judging by the amount of rebate issues there are posted in this forum, it is safe to assume there is something majorly flawed with these deceptive practices. I have all of my documentation including written evidence that these were supposed to be cards that I could use ANYWHERE. Not just Verizon. Either way I still dont have the cards after 12 weeks! Speaking to Pedro last night he advised me "he could not PROMISE anything" but it would probably take 8 to 10 weeks from when my NEW code was submitted. To date I have only received a 200.00 credit to my bill which is a far cry from the 250.00 use anywhere gift cards that were promised. Funny that the reps responding to this will not actually post anything useful in public but want you to take more time out to explain to them what is happening. (As if they do not have all these notes in thier systems) 

These rebate cards were oral contracts to gain new customers. I bit, and now I have been bitten for now. It might take me YEARS but I will bring this as far as I can possibly go. This will be cross posted on multiple sites with the text message images of the promises made to me by Verizon. Heck, might contact TMobile and find out if they would like to hear my story. NEVER had this issue with TMobile. 

I advised Mr. Pedro last night that this is the very definition of consumer fraud. Not delivering on a contractual (written and oral) obligation to gain business through deception. It is literally characterized as theft by deception in the state of NJ. I will be taking this up, up , up

DrChill
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have had similar rebate issues.  I ported 2 lines over from Xfinitymobile and was supposed to get $200 rebates for each. One of our phones needed a new SIM. It  was supposed to come in the mail but since the port over shut down my wife's line immediately, she had to go to the VZ store to get a SIM when one didn't come in the mail after 48 hrs because she needed a functioning phone. Well, that messed up up the promo code under which the rebate was initially submitted.  After multiple calls and finally being transferred to the rebate center, I finally had the rebate changed over to the in-store promo code that was only $150. Not too big a deal losing $50, but after spending a total of about 2 hours with CS  at VZ, the new $150 rebate seems nowhere to be found in my rebate submissions.  I have been wasting way too much time trying to recoup what was promised to me if we switched.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrChill, this is not the type of experience we want you to have with our rebate process. As a fellow consumer I would also feel the same way, $150.00 is a nice chunk of money and it definitely helps during these times when money is tight. We would like to take a closer look at this matter, please send us a Private Note at your earliest convenience to better assist.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes