Rebate
JSW2PLW31
Enthusiast - Level 2

On 11/28/2016, our family switched 6 lines from AT&T to Verizon.  5 of the phones purchased were iPhone 5 SE's and we were told we would receive a promotIonal credit of $11.66 toward each phone making the monthly payment $5.42.  We were told the credits would begin in 2-3 payment cycles.  In addition to the promotIonal discounts, we were told that each of us would receive a $200.00 Visa rebate card for switching.  As of today, we have received only 1 of the rebate cards and none of the promotional credits have been applied.  I contacted the rebate center on 2/21/16 and spoke with Ariel (session ID [Removed]).  I was told the matter would be reviewed and someone would get back with me within 14 days but I have heard nothing.  I have contacted the customer service department multiple times regarding the promotional credits and, after spending an hour on the phone, have only been told to wait until next month to see if the credits kick-in and to call back if they don't.  

This whole situation is very frustrating - since switching to Verizon, I have spent more time on the phone with customer service than I ever did in the more than 25 years we had service with AT&T. 

I would really appreciate some assistance with this situation, please.  Thank you very much!

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly don’t want you to have an experience like this, especially when starting up new service. What devices did you trade in? Did you trade in the devices via mail or at a store?

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JSW2PLW31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Steven - thank you for taking time to assist with this situation.  Trade-ins and rebates were requested on 5 of the phone lines that were transferred over.  Two of them were for myself and my husband.

Submission date 12/05/2016

Submission ID [Removed] for phone number[Removed] and

Submission ID [Removed] for phone number [Removed]

For these two submissions the tracking number for the rebate is [Removed]

We did eventually receive one $200.00 rebate card but we should have received two.  When I contacted the rebate center, I was told that I should have submitted two separate rebate requests but the directions on the Verizon website very clearly stated that multiple rebate requests could be submitted at the same time and examples of how to do it were provided.  I was instructed to uploaded copies of the trade-in submission confirmations with the appropriate cell phone numbers written next to the submission ID and then upload the original receipt with the appropriate numbers circled.  I did all of that successfully and correctly - as evidenced by the fact that one of the rebates was processed.

Another trade in submission was for Julia [Removed]

Submission date 12/11/2016

Submission ID - [Removed] for phone number [Removed]

Submission were also made for

Jordan[Removed]with phone number [Removed]

and Kristen[Removed] with phone number [Removed]

Multiple efforts were made to submit trade-ins and rebates for both of these phone numbers and each time they were denied.

All of these numbers were ported over from AT&T and should have been eligible for the $200.00 rebate card.

Any assistance you can provide in locating our missing rebates cards would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you again!!

Patty[Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
JSW2PLW31
Enthusiast - Level 2

One last piece of info - a tracking number for [Removed] submission is [Removed].

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
JSW2PLW31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no response from you.  I have wasted hours on this.  Verizon is very dishonest in their handling of these situations.  It's sad.  Wish we could go back to AT&T and probably will as soon as we can.  In the more than 25 years that we had AT&T cell service, we were never treated as poorly as we have been by Verizon in the short  5 months that we have had the service.  Defintely would NOT recommend their service to friends or family.  Their deceiftul business practices are shameful.

RTFRIZZ11

T mobile was always helpful I really shouldn't have switched

0 Likes
RTFRIZZ11

These [removed] rebates and promise of better service are all smoke and [removed]

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message Edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes