Received text, not sure if it’s Verizon
taraleeshook
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received this text message today from 900070001528 and I’m not sure if it’s legitimate,anyone else received this? 
Verizon Msg: (my first name) great news! As a valued customer, you're eligible for an exclusive loyalty discount of $15/mo. off of your current Unlimited plan (no plan change is required). Just call 800.922.0204 today to get this limited-time offer.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Received text, not sure if it’s Verizon
jbonanno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  received a text today from 900070001474 with an "exclusive loyalty" offer of my current plan. It instructed me to call 800-922-0204. It did seem strange so I did some research and I determined that the 800 number was a legitimate Verizon customer service number. It can be found on the support page/contact us. I called the number, it was Verizon, and I got the discount. It was legit        

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hondababe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got this today! I went to Verizon app to chat and inquire. The representative said that offer is not available with no other explanation despite me saying I wasn’t sure if it was legit or not. So I never really got a definitive answer from the chat representative via Verizon app smh. 

From this #: 900070001529

#Verizon Msg: (my name), great news! As a valued customer, you're eligible for an exclusive loyalty discount of $5/mo. off of your current Unlimited plan (no plan change is required). Just call 800.922.0204 today to get this limited-time offer

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want you to be able to take advantage of all the offers for your account, taraleeshook! We've sent you a Private Note to best assist.

-Nikki

0 Likes
Hondababe
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, there’s 2 people with the same exact issue on the same exact day and they only inbox one person in regards to that issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Hondababe! Our goal is to provide you the best experience. I will send you a private note to continue providing you the assitance you deserve.

>Alex

0 Likes
jbonanno
Enthusiast - Level 2

I  received a text today from 900070001474 with an "exclusive loyalty" offer of my current plan. It instructed me to call 800-922-0204. It did seem strange so I did some research and I determined that the 800 number was a legitimate Verizon customer service number. It can be found on the support page/contact us. I called the number, it was Verizon, and I got the discount. It was legit        

0 Likes