Reception Issues Lately
WaWaZatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been a Verizon customer since 1990 and have always touted it as the best service out there. But since June… on my iPhone non-5G phone… service around NW Indiana and Chicago has been spotty at best. To the point the apps won’t even work. I’ve been stuck in the city, not being able to hail an Uber because of this issue. Since June, I’ve called customer service 7 times… averaging an hour or more/call and visited the Merrillville IN as well as the corporate store in Schererville IN…. all very frustrating experiences.

Phone support did the basic troubleshooting a few times and replaced my SIM card to no avail as well as promised to escalate the tech issue up the chain and call back… none of which has happened.

I’ve even called Apple for a digital diagnosis and they say my iPhone it fine.

Normally, my service here right on the lakeshore is great! In fact, all my friends and family with other services have always had issue.

Yesterday Comcast had an internet outage in my area and my cellphone had 0 reception, so I was messed up all day with internet!

I’ve read online about Verizon throttling/deprioritizing non-5G customers. With the amount I pay for service, the thought of this is maddening! The only thing any Verizon employee can offer is that I “try” buying a new phone. Especially without a guarantee this will fix the issue, I’m hesitant to drop $1200 plus accessories on a new phone!

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems with their Verizon services?

Re: Reception Issues Lately
rdavis77

The service in Orlando Florida is poor at best.  I don't know why but there is dead spots all over the Orlando area.  I also haven't found a area yet that has 5G I think that their commercials are all garbage now was good now bad

0 Likes
Keahi12

Having similar issue in RI. New iPhone XR. Cannot reliably use as a phone. My 5s had excellent reception. Spent 2.5+ hours in support purgatory yesterday.  Still have to hang near a window to get intermittent phone reception.  It’s either back to landline or change carriers for me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are always able to get the speeds you need, Keahi12. We would like to ensure your device is connected and activated properly on our network. Please send us a Private Note to get started. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Imacanucktwo
Enthusiast - Level 1

the Adirondacks in NYS are just as bad... all of a sudden this year.. Even local Verizon Employees says there's problems with the towers. I don't know any details but I certainly notice it when trying to use data this year, and I've never heard people experience call drops like they have here...

After years with Verizon, I'm going to have to switch back to ATT, which has slightly worse region wide coverage but is actually reliable. They even sent me a free Verizon extender, which work 90% of the time.. but still dropped calls at home occasionally. And I am literally a network professional- I know my Internet is plenty fast and is tested regularly. 
If only I experienced this, I would question my phone, but others I know have similar experiences.. it's too bad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. As a a long-time and valued customer since 1990, your concerns are always our concerns too. I'd be disappointed too if I were experiencing service issues amd we'd like to help you in any way we can. Noting that you've previously spoken with our representatives, let's work together to resolve your concerns. We've sent a private message to you so that we can continue working with you. 

-Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Service concerns are not what we want for you. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot. What's the zip code associated with the current problem location? Do you know others that experience issues in the same area? -Corey

0 Likes
firepower2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having major issues in Orange county, and terrible at home 92831. Miami service was absolutely a joke...My daughters lives there, and we just got back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have the best experience with your services. I'm not showing any current issues in that location, so we would love to complete some troubleshooting with someone located in that area. There are many ways to contact us, but we would need to troubleshoot when you're located there. Here's a link with all the ways to contact us: http://spr.ly/6600yFS6w;

-Jordan

0 Likes
GGilder

There is no trouble shooting to be done.  Verizon, and I'm sure the other carriers as well, are spreading themselves to thin.  Trying to push the 5G service and not having the infrastructure in place is causing everyone to suffer for Verizon's and the other carrier's gain.

0 Likes