Reception problem in Youngstown, NY
Cat-Man-Du

Many people, with Verizon, are suddenly complaining about VERY poor signal in Youngstown, NY 14174. We never had this problem before.  What would cause this?  I have gone to the Verizon store, called Verizon customer service and tried Verizon customer service chat....to no avail.Re

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Reception problem in Youngstown, NY
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cat-Man-Du,

This doesn't seem normal to me. How long have you had poor signal serivce in Youngstown? What kind of device do you have? Are you having problems both indoors and outdoors? We want to make sure we get you up and running with the best service there is to offer. I hope to hear back from you soon.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cat-Man-Du

I have a Samsung Galaxy and my husband has a Verizon GzOne. My friends in the area have iPhones and other types of phones. Everyone used to have great service in the area through Verizon but for the past few months it has been horrible to none! It is nearly impossible to conduct business in the area, let alone, worrying that our elderly parents might not be able to reach us because of the reception.

The local Verizon office in Niagara Falls, NY has been getting a lot of complaints.

What can be done about the reception problem? Everyone in the area is talking about moving to another cellphone service provider.

Cathy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cat-Man-Du,

Thank you very much for the details. I am sadded to hear that you are thinking about going to a different company. I want to make sure that we do everything we can to get services in the area. With the Samsung Galaxy device can you please power the phone off all the way, remove the back cover, pull the battery, and then pop out the little white sim card. Leave the sim card out for 5-10 seconds. Then place it all back together and power on. With the GzOne let's have him dial *228 call. When the recording comes on have him select option 2. That will play some music for a few seconds and then it will let you know when it was completed the phone will then power cycle. After these steps are done please test it out. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes