Refusing to honor my trade in because I am an EMPLOYEE
alexjacobii
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently traded in a Samsung S20 Ultra for $1000 credit. Verizon accepted this trade in on March 15th and evaluated it for $1k on the 16th. The credit should have been on my bill but never was added so I just paid my new phone off as, as an employee and customer of 15 years, I know there are ways to change the account credit to a different credit or a gift card. When I contacted tech support they claimed that since I paid off the new phone I invalidated the agreement, which isn't true and even if it was doesn't fit Verizon's customer service ethos, and that I wouldn't recieve anything. When I inquired as to when this policy changed they became snotty and told me I won't be getting anything and as an employee I should know better.

So I guess Verizon has two choices here. Give me my credit or I unionise your shop and go to the NLRB and claim you refuse to honor your trade in as a form of retaliation, which comes with a $10k minimum fine. I know the credit can be added on but I will even take the gift card if I absolutely have to, though I know for a fact that isn't the only option. Either way if the issue isn't resolved I am more than happy to go to AT&T and save money by bundling with their awful home internet I am already stuck with.

Do the right thing Verizon. Tick, tock

0 Likes
Re: Refusing to honor my trade in because I am an EMPLOYEE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alexjacobii,

Per Verizon's trade-in program Terms and Conditions, there are some events that will disqualify a promotion credit. One of them is paying off your device payment plan off early and not allowing the device to be billed for the full device payment plan time. Typically, trade-in credits take 1-2 billing cycles to be applied, however, once the agreement was paid off on your new phone, that disqualified you from receiving the promotional trade-in value. You can see this at our Terms and Conditions page here: https://www.verizon.com/support/device-trade-in-program-legal/

-Mark

0 Likes
Re: Refusing to honor my trade in because I am an EMPLOYEE
alexjacobii
Enthusiast - Level 1

As an employee I can tell you while that may be the case we are instructed to provide other ways to retain employees. This cavalier attitude is unbecoming of an employee. Please escalate this matter as you CAN fix this and it's a fairly common occurrence. Treating me differently for being an employee is completely unacceptable.

0 Likes