Regarding the 30 dollar upgrade fees
HAEKANG

I've gotten my new phone 2 days ago, and I just went along with the upgrade fee of 30 bucks. Then just yesterday, I went to a best buy mobile and got my mother's phone upgrade for nothing! I clearly understand that the two companies have different policies and everything, but as a 8 year long verizon customer, I absolutely do not like this change. Another thing that irritates me is that the store employee that has done my phone upgrade was rather really impolite, and was just texting on his phone while working, but the people that have done my mother's phone were very polite and dilligent to their customers. The only reason why I'm staying with verizon right now is solely because of their connections. The 30 dollar upgrade fee caught me by surprise, but if their face-to-face attitude and so called 'services' were noticeably better than other service providers, I wouldn't be complaining about it on their own forums like this. Sure this is only one branch store out of many out there, but their attitude towards customers reflects what verizon really might be. Am I the only person that's been through things like this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Regarding the 30 dollar upgrade fees
rall_g4
Contributor - Level 3

Don't worry. Verizon will put that upgrade fee on your next bill.

Guitardude

I remember my dad paying 7 dollars a minute for a local call on his car phone. Prices have drop significantly since the 80s.

If inflation had stayed with that concept you'd be paying about $300 a minute. Besides the amazing technology that has taken hold since, the real issue is, everytime someone needs more data or an upgrade someone has to climb a tower and increasingly and at a rapid rate someone falls and is critically injured or killed. If your job is to climb cellphone towers you know it is the single most dangerous job in the world. This should be where the outrage is directed. The supply of  climbers is far short of the demand, So people die and familys suffer. We have to slow down all of us. Stop using data as a a substitute for your brain you can wait till you get home or to WiFi. Don't change your phone # every 3 mos. if you don't have one get a land line and use it instead of your cell at home for that matter get rid of you cell if you can. Don't complain about you bill or upgrade fee pay it and be glad you have this unbelievable technology and every time you don't use 3g or 4g you may have saved a life. 

0 Likes
TheDiabolicaL1
Contributor - Level 1

hahahahahah.. WHAT??

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Alright, TheDiabolocaL1 and I rarely agree, but how is it my fault that  those who work on towers do not use safety tether lines when working on the towers?? How does changing my phone number affect a tower climber???

Just as we have choices if we do not like a carrier, those who do the tower work, who I commend as I would never climb one, did not have a gun put to their head to take up the trade.

In addition, the carriers do not have their own tower climbers, but are contracted through a few large contractors who contract with smaller companies. It seems that is where the safety issue falls.

0 Likes