Remote call...still!
BONNIE4CLYDE_98
Enthusiast - Level 1

Before anyone says...I already disconnected message plus from my tablet!

I'm still having remote calling issues, and I can't just click out of it! I have a Samsung S6, my husband has a S7...both have the same issue. I've called Verizon, they are the ones who said it was caused by message plus and helped me disconnect it from both devices (mine and hubbys tablets). So far, the only way to exit from remote call is to restart the phone!

Verizon...you need to fix this issue! It's been a problem for a lot of people for a long time. Shame on you for not getting this issue fixed months ago!

Labels (1)
Re: Remote call...still!
anotherhaus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just did a software update on my Note 5 and I now have the remote call problem. After most phone calls I have a "remote call" screen on my phone and a "pull" button that does nothing. In order to get the remote call screen to go away I have to toggle flight more.

I do not use Messages+. I loaded it to check if I had any connected devices (I do not) and then disabled it. I suspect this is not a messages+ issue, it is a Verizon account issue. Extremely frustrating. If Verizon thinks they can bully me into buying a new phone by making my old one harder to use, it's not going to happen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BONNIE4CLYDE_98,

Ensuring your device is working properly is important to us. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. It sounds like you've had a good start with disabling that feature by disconnecting the Message+ from your tablet. Have you also ensured that the Integrated Messaging Service was turned off in the phone that causes it to relay those messages to your tablet. If not, please go into the Message+ app on your phone and Settings and ensure the tablet is no longer listed as a connected device under "Manage Devices." Next choose "Delete from Account" to remove the Integrated Message feature. Then exit the Message+ app and go into Settings>Advanced Calling and turn Advanced Calling off and restart your phone. Once the phone is back on, turn Advanced Calling back on. Once these steps are completed, the remote option should no longer appear.

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
anotherhaus
Enthusiast - Level 3

@Verizon, thank you for responding. So here are the issues:

1. The "remote call" screen stays on my device forever, even after the call is complete. The only way to get rid of it is to toggle flight mode or reboot the phone. It acts like there is still a call in progress and I wonder if I'll be charged for the data or voice usage because this is something I have never seen before. If I take a call while driving and I can't legally restart the phone or toggle flight mode, my phone could be sitting with an active "remote call" for an hour or more with no way to shut it off (in my state it is not legal to touch a phone while driving).

2. You're saying that in order to get rid of this issue I have to disable advanced calling, which means I can't use HD Voice - a service that I have been using (and enjoying) for well over a year. In other words, I am losing functionality based on some change that Verizon made to my phone through the recent firmware update?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern with wanting to use HD voice as it is a great feature. Since many users have confirmed the issue is resolved after disabling advanced calling, then we would recommend this as a work around until further notice. At this time, there is not a specific time frame for when this will be changed. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

This just started with my Samsung edge7,I have uninstalled message+ from my tablet and turned off HD voice,and it is still there.

What is the problem??

0 Likes
cguerra

Well then I will need to add #metoo to this, since 'many' users confirmed resolved and won't be looked into until a certain critical mass is reached.

It is annoying and rebooting or disabling features IS NOT A SOLUTION, fix this.

0 Likes
ASTROBIRD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply.

I rebooted the phone and it has gone away.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ASTROIBIRD, so awesome to hear that this step has resolved the issue. I do hope this step helps others dealing with the same. We're always here for support when you need us. http://spr.ly/6585Dz26F

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CRISPY954
Enthusiast - Level 2

ASTROBIRD will be back because it will happen again. Every "fix" or "work-around does not fix the problem permanently. This issue has been going on for a year. Same old fixes. I can delete data on the phone app and it gets rid of the remote call notification every time, but I should not have to do that. This issue is not happening with other carriers with the same phone. I think it is time to get this fixed once and for all. Stop givong your scripted answers and get this issue fixed.

Galaxy S8+

0 Likes