Replace basic phone with No-Contract $399 Moto X, and have only WiFi data?
ic0517

The family is on a Shared Talk and Text, 700 minutes, four basic phones and I have a Droid Razr + 30/month data plan, could I replace one or more of the basic phones with a no-contract Moto X and keep the plan? And let the kids hit the WiFi, but not have to pay for when they away from the house? Seems too good to be true.

Sorry for this being my first post, I sure hope I can book mark this so I can come back to it. Maybe the word zygote might help me find it later Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Replace basic phone with No-Contract $399 Moto X, and have only WiFi data?
Tidbits
Legend

Yes all smart phones need a data plan by policy. They will not activate without a data plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Moto X is a smartphone and will require the line it is activated on to add the individual tiered data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

ic0517

It would be a replacement, not a new telephone number, if that makes things clearer. All the same, you are saying Verizon will insist on data, even though no-contract?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Yes all smart phones need a data plan by policy. They will not activate without a data plan.

0 Likes