Report Poor Coverage
joen4691
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have both a Verizon work phone (iPhone 7+) and a personal phone (12 Pro) and have an area of poor coverage that I drive through daily.  The area is suburban in nature and is frequently traveled, not to mention, just off the Florida Turnpike.  There is no reason for poor service in this area.  We have lived in the area for 2 years and it hasn't improved.  5G was just added, but it didn't help.  How can I report this area, or how would l be able to upload a map to indicate where it is.  

Calls drop or so bad I just get off the phone and data is unusable.  My wife and daughter are having the same experience, so it's not just me.

JoeN
Re: Report Poor Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can help you right here. To start with, let's see how the coverage is in that area. What is the ZIP Code where you are having trouble?

NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
joen4691
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip codes are 34711 and 34715, but only small parts of the zip codes.  It's more specific to an area.

JoeN
0 Likes
joen4691
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clermont, FL - SR 50 & CR 455.  CR 455 North from SR 50.  Old Hwy 50 from Oakland, FL to entrance of Verde Ridge neighborhood.  The entire area surrounding the intersection of SR 50 and CR 455, including the entire Publix shopping plaza both inside and outside.

I hope this helps to break it down.  Thank you!

VZW Poor Coverage.png

JoeN
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joen4691,

Thank you for this detail, as it definitely paints a picture of what you are experiencing. There are a number of factors that could be influencing the service, including population and environmental factors. You mentioned a shopping area, is there new construction nearby by any chance?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
joen4691
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a bit of new construction near the shopping area, but the poor service is spread within several square miles.  It's super frustrating to not be able to carry on a conversation while driving through this area.  This is not out in the 'country'.  

I think the factor most influencing performance is that another tower is needed or a signal boost to the existing towers.  It just seems to be spread too thin in the area.

JoeN
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

joen4691, we always want to help make sure that you can get the best service whenever possible. So we can help check on this with you, please provide us the ZIP Code in question.

0 Likes
joen4691
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you look further up the post you can see not only the zip codes, but specific areas with poor service.  It is not getting any better over the last month since I reported it.

JoeN
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate this additional information. Have you completed troubleshooting for the problem areas? We definitely want to get to the bottom of this and are happy to help!

0 Likes
joen4691
Enthusiast - Level 2

What do you mean by 'troubleshooting'?  I have 2 different devices encountering the same issues in the same area.  I would call that a coverage issue, not a device specific issue, right?  If there is something you would like me to do, or if there is an app I can download to mark the bad areas I would be happy to do it for you.

JoeN
0 Likes