Report Poor Coverage
clarky3343

I would like to report Poor to almost no Coverage when I am located at my permanent camp site in Wautoma, WI (Home away from home) When at the campground we are lucky to maybe have two bars. We can sometimes get lucky and get 2 to 4 Mbps but this is only when the network is not overloaded. Remind you, this is a campground. Once there are more than 20 people on the grounds service grinds to a halt and you can't call, text, or use data. According to CellMapper.net there is a verizon tower about 2 miles away. I don't know if it's the fact there is not an antenna pointing in our direction. (I'm almost dead west from the tower) or if the back bone network is just that terrible that the network gets clogged that easy. This isn't acceptable as we are unable to use our phones in an emergency or stay connected and get weather updates. I have a cell booster which does help with the signal strength but doesn't do anything to improve performance. There is often hundreds of people at any given point of the week at this location. It should be served better. I don't know if that means a new tower, more antennas pointing in the correct direction, or a more robust backbone. Please look into this issue as it's been a problem even since we have been coming here. At least the last 6 years with zero improvement. This is 2021 is it not? I should be able to get reliable cell and data about anywhere I go. 

Address is **** 14th Ave, Wautoma, WI 54982

0 Likes
Re: Report Poor Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

clarky3343, we know the importance of having reliable service. I have sent  you a Private Note to discuss this further. I would recommend editing your message here and removing the address as it is a public message for all to see. 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes