Re: Report Poor Coverage
Starlight7
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unable to make or send calls from home for 3 days. Chat reps not assisting at all, already tried twice. Cannot call because service not working. Cannot visit store because only taking appointments and none available. Feel like switching carriers if the issue is not fixed asap. I am also requesting account credit for not being able to use the service which I have already paid for.

Pireland777
Enthusiast - Level 1

My service is always spotty. And I work for TMO doing work on their cell towers. I think their should be a compensation for lack of service and for another carrier making us want to change service. I'm with you, why should we stay with Verizon? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We wouldn't want you to leave our Verizon family. Let's gather more information. Where are you currently located? Do you know if anyone else in your area is having similar issues? JoelD_VZW

0 Likes
Re: [911 Call Failures during medical emergency] -- Re: Report Poor Coverage
thatguy335
Enthusiast - Level 1

I never received a verizon response, yet verizon responds to every other person on this thread.

Is it because I mentioned a life safety issue? Legal liability? I don't get it.
Verizon says the block should have FULL coverage (green on map) but it is inaccurate. 
My statement is based upon surveying over 15 different people on the block at different households, with different phone models, and the only constant is the verizon network. 

Out of courtesy, I've held off on the FCC part, and despite being a loyal verizon customer who has never had a problem anywhere else (I get better coverage in EXTREMELY RURAL areas like farmland, etc) 

The Local PSAP has the 911 calls logged, the dropped calls, the SR w/ SS7 signaling data. The numerous 911 call backs, dropped calls, mentions of poor vzw coverage to 911 operator, the logged "911 hangups" (call teardowns) that occured on record, and on the verizon side of the interconnect.... and the calls are of course audio recorded, other data retained as standard practice for PSAP compliance. It resulted in A 10 minute delay in medic-one paramedic response, and all due to a network level issue...tragic - IT WILL happen again in the area unless something is done.  When people trust a carrier to be able to reach 911, it must work. I haven't requested the data, but there may also be an E911 issue here as well. I absolutely urge that this be passed to regulatory compliance and engineering to be addressed in good faith. I just want it to work. That's it. 

Please, please, please, when I recommend verizon - allow me to say that my concerns were at least acknowledged and ideally addressed. At this point, I can say neither. Words can't express how disappointing this is. 

Maybe my message was missed. Looking forward to an acknowledgement. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: [911 Call Failures during medical emergency] -- Re: Report Poor Coverage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, thatguy335. We would be happy to take a deeper look into this with you. We are sending you a Private Note now. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
kheran

I like to add my area for problems.  At work ,145 Madison Ave , New Milford , NJ.  I get NO signal most of the time and very little signal if I step outside with the phone.  There is one tower in the other end of town and as I approach it I get good signal.  Now. right by us is a tower not two football fields away and it does nothing for us .  I am very disgusted with this as my wife tried to call me for an emergency at home and she said my phone went right to voicemail.  That is unacceptable for the money we spend with Verizon.  This wasn't always the case .  The phone used to work just fine until 6 months ago.  I heard a rumor that Verizon lost it's lease on the fore-mentioned tower .  What gives?  If I can't get a solution I have considered switching to a carrier that does work in the area.

0 Likes
JazzV3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was searching for an online method of reporting poor 4g coverage and found this forum.

I work from a home office and rely on a large competitor for my internet service.  I connect my phone to wifi daily to be able to use internet functions on my phone.

I'm simply unable to use mobile data from Verizon.  This is the scenario at this location for the last 10+ years.

Today, we experienced a power outage from the large storm that hit the East Coast.  This has happened in the past,  but today was the tipping point. We will probably be out for several days.. Should I be able to rely on the company that I pay $400-500/month for service? I thought so.

See below for the garbage level service Verizon sells for $500/month.

Verizon Speedtest results 5 minutes ago:

Screenshot_20200805-010723_Chrome.jpg

I ran a Google speed test about 30 minutes before this one and got a blazing .514Mbs download speed with a comment, "your internet service is very slow". No sh_t.

My phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and is perfectly capable of processing a high speed signal if one existed.

Can this even be fixed? I'm certainly not the only Verizon customer in the area.

angry in PA

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Kheran, thank you for reaching out. We would be sad to lose you as a valued customer. We're concerned to hear of the recent coverage changes at your place of work. We understand how important it is for your family to be able to keep in touch with you. Let's dive into this further. Is there anywhere else you experience this issue? Do you know if others in the building experience the same coverage? How far do you need to get from the building for service to improve? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, JazzV3. We want to help. We are sending you a Private Note now. CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes