Reporting a dead zone in Philadelphia
hughpedley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

I'd like to report a dead zone in Philadelphia (19125). A very significant part of my neighborhood seems to get absolutely zero coverage from Verizon, and at all times of day. My wife is on T Mobile and seems to get much better coverage in this area.

I'm completely at my wit's end and wondering how such a populated part of a city could get so little coverage so consistently.

Re: Reporting a dead zone in Philadelphia
hughpedley
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is probably also worth noting that when I had a Verizon tech in the house this past week to assist in internet installation, he also had no cell service anywhere near the house.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hughpedley, we understand how vital it is for you to have service at all times and where you need it most. We will be pleased to assist you in figuring out what is causing the issue with your service. Is the issue only happening inside of your home? What specific services are being impacted? JacobG_VZW

0 Likes
hughpedley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Jacob,

This is happening all over the surrounding couple of blocks, not just in my house. There's no 4G/LTE, rare 3G data, and usually 1-2 bars or no cell coverage at all. Phone calls have poor quality and are often dropped.

I have a Samsung Note 9, but this is also happening on all of my family's phones as well (iPhone 12s).

hughpedley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Jacob,

This is happening all over the surrounding couple of blocks, not just in my house. There's no 4G/LTE, rare 3G data, and usually 1-2 bars or no cell coverage at all. Phone calls have poor quality and are often dropped.

I have a Samsung Note 9, but this is also happening on all of my family's phones as well (iPhone 12s).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of having service where you need it the most, hughpedley. We are here to help. 

Currently there are no reported issues for that zip code you provided. Is the issue only happening when indoors or do you have the same problem when outside of your home? What shows on your phone for the signal it is getting from us when outside?

SteveG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those helpful details, hughpedley. We understand a technicians was there last week seeing the same thing, but how long has this been going on in the area? 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
hughpedley
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going in on this area for at least the last month and a half, and has been confirmed happening on friend's and family's phones. I'm not sure when this started.

Dmick
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also live in 19125 and have the same issue, as does my wife and pretty much our entire block that has verizon wireless. Our phones are basically useless when not connected to wifi because there is no 4g service at all on our block. I am on the 2600 block of E Dauphin St. 

I know multiple people on our block have called in to complain and so far verizon has done nothing to solve the problem. This has been an ongoing issue for the past year and many have either already switched carriers are will be changing carriers soon if something isn't done to resolve this issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh,no! Dealing with service issues can certainly be a headache, especially if you are having dead-zone issues. The last thing we want is to lose your service. When did the issue start (did it work before in the area; when did you notice it)? What recent changes have you made (moved, new phone, software update, etc.)? ~Gilbert

0 Likes