Re: Reporting a dead zone in Philadelphia
Dmick
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been an issue for the past year, at least. I have a S20 and my wife has a S10, we both have the same issue. I also just purchased a Gizmo watch for my son and the watch gets almost no signal on our block. When at home we are always on wifi but without a wifi connection it's basically unusable. Since the Gizmo watch relys on a cellular network connection it is almost unusable at home. 

I know from discussions with neighbors that they share similar frustrations and have the same network coverage issues as us. Multiple people have attempted to contact verizon support but so far no solutions have been offered. 

Can we have a wireless support rep come out and see for themselves? It doesn't matter what device you are using, if they have a verizon phone they will have the same issue.

Grazianolm
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi! I’m also on the same block of Dauphin St. The second I leave my house my calls drop. If I’m in one half of my kitchen my calls drop. My phone doesn’t work in my backyard. It doesn’t work for about 6-7 blocks once I leave my home. Also doesn’t work until I’m about 1/2 mile down the highway on 95S. When I’m chatting with my parents they’ve come to expect if the call drops “oh you must be close to home”. I tried getting a service extender (not sure if that’s the right term) and that did not improve the situation. I work from home and this is an ENORMOUS headache. This also is a huge safety concern for me as if I had any issues in the areas identified my phone wouldn’t work for me to call for help. 
I called about this issue over a year ago and really was given no solutions by the Verizon team other than “you’re in a dead zone”. 

ademenna
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would like to add to the above user's post.  I am using an iPhone X and I cannot walk out my front door without dropping a call and losing all service.  Everyone I know that uses Verizon (and Verizon only) cannot make phone call anywhere in a 5-6 block radius.  "You're in a dead zone" is not a legitimate excuse for Verizon - fix your service!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dmick, the information you provided is appreciated. Please share with me the zip code and cross streets where you are experiencing this? Also,  confirm for me how far do you have to travel before service improves? -Rodney

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reliable service is a must and we are here to help. Allow us to gather a few more details to be on the same page. When did you first notice the service issue at home? Are you aware if anything changed with your surroundings before the problem started? ~Vic

0 Likes
Dmick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Zip code is 19125 and my block is on E Dauphin St, between Almond St and E Thompson St. You have to walk ~4-5 blocks to get a signal. As others have stated, this has been an issue for well over a year now. One of my biggest concerns is I recently bought a Gizmo watch for my 6 year old son so we can track him on his bus route to school and his watch doesn't work in our immediate area due to the lack of signal. Obviously, this is very concerning as a parent.

Dmick
Enthusiast - Level 2

As others have noted, this has been an issue for over a year. I know people on our block have tried to contact verizon in the past but never had any success getting the issue resolved. I'm trying again now because it's become a security concern for my son since his Gizmo watch doesn't work in our immediate area. If a tech can come out to our block, E Dauphin St between Almond St and E Thompson St, 19125 zip code, they will immediately notice the lack of reception. I'd be happy to meet with someone in person, if needed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing that we want is for you to not be able to see where your son is. Have you tried to restart the device to see if the issue continue? What is the ZIP code where you are having these issues?~David

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you tried to restart the device to see if the issue continue? What is the ZIP code where you are having these issues?~David

0 Likes
Dmick
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do the customer service reps keep asking for the same information over and over again? I've already provided the zip, 19125, as well and my block multiple times on this thread. I also already stated that this issue is happening across multiple devices, my cell phone, my wife's cell phone, my son's gizmo watch. Neighbors have also posted that they are experiencing the same issue with their verizon devices. Can we get a service tech out from verizon to investigate for themselves instead of going in circles and asking the same questions that have already been answered? If not, maybe I should just drop verizon all together and move to a new carrier and suggest my neighbors and anyone who lives in our area do the same. This is ridiculous and the support is just as bad as the service.