Response to Email
rentman0

Ronan, 

These emails are unnecessary.  Although intended to ease the pain of the current environment, they do not work, at least for me.  

As a long-term customer, I called several weeks ago to see if there was a way to reduce my Verizon bill.  I was advised that I can cut out hotspots on phones.  In other words, the only suggestion was to reduce paid services.   There was no material offer to reduce the expense despite that as a Spectrum internet customer, I can move my mobile service to them and receive Verizon carrier grade service at a rate below what I currently pay Verizon.  

The additional free 15GB of data offered in this email is of no use to customers paying for unlimited data already.  

There are many other ways companies can provide meaningful support to their customers that will translate to increased brand loyalty.  My insurance company, Allstate, refunded part of the car insurance premium.  I did not have to ask.  The money literally was refunded in less than 30 days and I did not have to reduce coverage.  The result was a WOW! moment that will make it difficult for me to take my business elsewhere now.  A meaningful gesture translates to immense brand loyalty.  

I had a similar experience with SirusXM, which typically has frustrating customer service.  This time, a call to them to cut the expenditure resulted in a large credit for service paid last month and a new price at a greatly reduced rate with no reduction in service.  I was on the phone less than 20 minutes and walked away with a product I enjoy, at a reduced rate until next year, and a positive customer experience based on an empowered agent.  Another WOW! moment.  

I think we have been a customer of Verizon for 10 years or so.  The signal and call quality are excellent.  Although more expensive than other carriers, the value has been there.  We have been a happy customer with no issues paying the premium cost for our four lines in our family.  However, one call to customer service offered no serious options for even short-term assistance means a missed opportunity for Verizon.  The Verizon agent was friendly and courteous, which has always been the case with your support and sales.  She was clearly not empowered to do anything other than to suggest I cut services which we are not prepared to do.  

You missed a WOW! moment.  

Todd 

In response to:

Checking back in with our Valued Customers

Our commitment to you has never been stronger

As the coronavirus (COVID-19) reality evolves and forces changes in all of our lives in ways we could never have imagined, I’m reaching out to update you on our response, and how we continue to support you through this period.

At this time of disruption, distancing and uncertainty, staying connected has never been more important. Whether for a hospital, a scientist, first responder, teacher, family or a small business — staying connected will be a key part of seeing our country to the other side of this crisis.

More relief for our customers, for society, and those who give the most

With that in mind, we're pleased to extend our commitment through June 30th to waive late fees and to not terminate service for those consumers and small businesses who are unable to pay due to disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Customers who notify us will also be automatically enrolled in a program to help manage payments.

We’re also:

Automatically adding an additional 15GB of 4G LTE data for you to use from May 1st through May 31st to learn, work or keep connected during this challenging time;

Giving you free access to learning tools to help with ongoing engagement during our new normal;

Continuing our low-income internet option for new Fios Internet customers and waiving router charges for two months;

Extending our "Those who serve" discounts now, and moving forward, to include nurses and teachers, in addition to first responders, veterans, and active-duty military who already benefit from our best pricing for Verizon Wireless and Fios Internet service. Many of our heroes already rely on America's most reliable networks to keep them connected and this is a way for us to thank them for everything they do during this challenging time, and always.

We’ve now committed over $50 million in contributions and donations to nonprofits, including No Kid Hungry, the American Red Cross, and the CDP COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund for WHO. And in partnership with the New York Times, we're giving 14 million high school students within the U.S. free digital access to NYTimes‌.‌com.

Our commitment to you

We are committed to helping you stay connected during this difficult time. We’ve expanded our website to include frequent updates on our services and encourage you to check back regularly to see how we're supporting you during these times.

We can’t predict what the next few weeks will bring, but I have never been more proud to serve you, keep the world connected and help our communities rise up and recover.

Ronan Dunne

Group CEO - Verizon Consumer
0 Likes
Re: Response to Email
rcschnoor
Legend

@rentman0 wrote:

There are many other ways companies can provide meaningful support to their customers that will translate to increased brand loyalty.  My insurance company, Allstate, refunded part of the car insurance premium.  I did not have to ask.  The money literally was refunded in less than 30 days and I did not have to reduce coverage.  The result was a WOW! moment that will make it difficult for me to take my business elsewhere now.  A meaningful gesture translates to immense brand loyalty.  

This is not even remotely similar to Verizon's predicament. MANY insurance companies are refunding a portion of car insurance premiums for ONE main reason, people are driving LESS due to COVID-19. Less driving means less accidents means less payouts for the insurance company to make. It only relates that insurance premiums should reflect this as insurance premiums as a whole are based upon liability estimates. Estimates drop and premiums should do the same. Had they not refunded a portion of insurance premiums during a widespread stay at home mandate, they would have been seen as profiteering on COVID-19. Possibly you haven't noticed the decrease in traffic on roads? Less traffic, fewer accidents. Fewer accidents, lower payouts from insurance companies. Lower payouts from insurance companies, drops in insurance premiums.

Verizon is in the EXACT OPPOSITE situation as the use on cellular networks has been INCREASED due to COVID-19. Schools closed being replaced by home schooling, businesses closed being replaced by an increase of people working from home, people out of work increasing their home usage due to increased entertainment use, etc... The amount of data that people are using on Verizon's network has increased greatly during the COVID-19 breakout, meaning MORE cost to Verizon for maintaining the network.

You are comparing and industry whose costs due to insurance payouts has DECREASED because of less traffic on the roads translating to fewer accidents to an industry whose costs have skyrocketed due to increased usage by people learning, working, and streaming from home. Sorry, not a valid comparison.

0 Likes
Re: Response to Email
rentman0

Appreciate your perspective and difference of opinion, but respectfully disagree with the premise that it is different.  Agree that cars are being driven less and that cell service has increased.   

This is about the customer and loyalty.  Verizon can find that in their own way, even as their network loads increase.

0 Likes