Retired employee discount
JULie8719
Enthusiast - Level 2

I very disappointed with Verizon ending the retired postal employee discount program. You would think with all the retired on fixed incomes they would continue the discount for the retired and not just for the employed. Time to start looking for a new  cell phone

carrier!!!!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retired employee discount
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More likely it was a change in the agreement between the USPS and Verizon Wireless on whether or not to include the retired employees in the employee discount options. It wasn't decision made by Verizon Wireless alone. Most companies don't extend employee discounts to retired employees.

Perhaps there are other "employee" discounts you qualify for. Are you a retired military? You can check to see if AARP has a discount for their members.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

More likely it was a change in the agreement between the USPS and Verizon Wireless on whether or not to include the retired employees in the employee discount options. It wasn't decision made by Verizon Wireless alone. Most companies don't extend employee discounts to retired employees.

Perhaps there are other "employee" discounts you qualify for. Are you a retired military? You can check to see if AARP has a discount for their members.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

JULie8719
Enthusiast - Level 2

What I read was the Post office wasn't offered the discount for retired PO workers. They just canceled to make more profits!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are possibly a lot more reasons than profits.

0 Likes
JULie8719
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154...Your first post was directly off Verizon's web page. You apparently work for Verizon! If the idea of discounts are to keep existing customers and add new ones then why are the discounts only given to employed workers , and not retired ones. It seems the more customer you can keep the better it would be for them. ARRP does show it has discounts for phone service, but not for Verizon's services.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't work for Verizon Wireless. I never have. As a customer, I have chosen to educate myself about the policies and options available to me. At least you had a discount when you were employed. I don't have that option where I work.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

First of all, everyone is on a fixed income. You can always go to prepay if that will be better. Second of all it's unfair to bash someone who replies as an enployee because you don't like what they say. And no im not an employee either. And Ann you know this is a comment for the OP.

JULie8719
Enthusiast - Level 2

Apparently pherson  you do not no what the word fixed income means.As for bashing someone that is ridiculous. This is a discussion  where someone states their opinion, and then you state yours. I referred to Ann as maybe working for Verizon because her first statement came directly off their website and wasn't of her own words! Am I suppose to guess what op means??

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It certainly wasn't a copy and paste. I haven't seen that wording anywhere else before I wrote it out of my head.

Vote with your wallet and switch to AT&T if you want a discount.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Actually I know exactly what it means.

And in this instance you use "know", not no.