Returned phone not credited to my account
Tenthmile

I purchased an iphone 12 pro max in December 2020, and decided to exchange it for an iphone 12 pro. The replacement was not sent with return packaging, so I went to my nearest Verizon store, who printed me a label. I sent the iphone 12 pro max back in January 2021 and it was signed for via the tracking information, however my account is still being charged $917.99 for the phone, which is showing as not being returned. For the past month I've been having to call customer service every  week to have my account put on "hold" status so my account isn't suspended for non-payment, and I have an open case # that was supposed to prevent my phone line being shut off until they could receive the return. However this last time they failed to correctly put my account on "hold" and now my account has been suspended. This has been going on for 2 months now and I don't know what else to do. Can someone please help me? This is a nightmare!

0 Likes
Re: Returned phone not credited to my account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you get the support you need with your suspended account and return concerns, Tenthmile. We are here to help in any way possible! Do you have the tracking number associated with your return? Please send us a Private Note for account specific support. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
Tenthmile

Hello,

I sent you a message with the required info a week ago and haven't heard back, the problem still hasn't been resolved. I still have to call every week to get the hold extended for another week, which takes about an hour of my time... every week. For the past two months. Eight hours, and still no resolution.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the help you need here. We'd like to see what's going on. In order to get the information we need to see what's happening, we will need to meet you in private. Please send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
Tenthmile

As I said, I already sent you all of the information you requested in a private message.

For anyone else having this same problem here to try and find an answer--there doesn't appear to be one. The person speaking to me is probably a bot. 2 months after I returned the phone Verizon insists I owe them $917 and continuously disconnects my service requesting full payment, and I have to spend an hour on hold to explain the entire situation over again to get it turned back on.

Tl;dr don't try to return a phone. My advice is to just pay it off, get it unlocked, and sell it to get your money back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to have excellent overall service. We would like to see what's going on with the phone return. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. (We need to take a look at your account and we would need to be in private to protect your account information.)

0 Likes
Alivo

My daughter returned her phone and just got a message that it had not been returned. This also happened to me several years ago when I returned my Verizon phone and they claimed I did not return it. Verizon lost it, and they eventually found it. They'd better find my daughter's phone. We will dump Verizon if they try to cheat us. Verizon has this habit of "losing" phones that people return. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alivo, we value your longevity with us, so we would never want to see you leave us at all. I regret that for some reason we don't show your daughter's phone returned to us. Allow us to look into this further for you. I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond back to us in the Private Note to continue. -Alicia

0 Likes