Returning a call on voicemail
vmchallenged

I recently updated from a 2005 Samsung vintage phone to an LG Revere.  On my old phone, when someone tried to reach me and left a voicemail message, the missed called showed up on my missed call list.  That way I could easily return the call.  On my new phone, it appears missed incoming calls where the caller left a voicemail don't appear on any call list.  Today I receive such a call and the caller requested a call back.  The caller verbally gave a number but it was not clearly intelligible.  So there was no way to return the call, whereas on my old phone it would have been a simple matter of selecting it from the missed call list.  It's hard to believe a much newer phone would have completely omitted such a useful feature.  It's not really even clear whether this is a deficit with the voicemail service or the phone itself.  Maybe there is a setup option to make the missed calls show up on the missed call or other list, but I have not been able to find it.  So my question is:  When a caller leaves a voice mail where does the caller's telephone number appear, or how can it be made to appear?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Returning a call on voicemail
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should be able to view missed calls, according to page 50 of your user manual:

http://www.wirelesszone.com/cms/files/1862674105220fa070b334.pdf

0 Likes
vmchallenged

Yes, I should, but the missed calls that went to voicemail don't show up.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you press "5" during playback of the voicemail message, it will give you the "envelope" information - date, time, and number of the incoming call.  I don't think you can visually "see" the number, but the automated readout may be clearer than  the caller's verbal message to you.

0 Likes