Right to the Point. Kind of...
xstevenx

I believe,

If you you have been a loyal customer to Verizon for almost 15 years, if not more, if you purchased the very first flip phone that you ever remember coming out from Verizon instead of ATT back when ATT was the ONLY name you heard anywhere when anything to do with telecommunications was being discussed... I believe, if you got most of your family to switch to Verizon from Sprint and ATT years ago, at least 30 people in total, just so we could all communicate with each other with your mobile to mobile that you have so graciously blessed us with and allowed us to benefit from... Really the one thing Verizon has allowed us to benefit from without having to pay a premium unlike other companies that give you free perks for being loyal customers. I believe if you yourself have 4 lines open, not to mention a land line, and Fios internet, that you had to call COX Communications to cancel their service because you found out Verizon had just brought out Fios internet in your area and not only did you cancel your current internet provider, you sprung a little extra because Verizon was offering 25 download speeds and not only did you pay a premium for that and were happy to do so because this day in age 25 download speeds is a must have and were impressed of what Verizon had to offer so early in Fios internet development and then when Verizon Fios came out with 50 download 50 upload speeds I didn't hesitate to press the RED-C on my Verizon Fios Remote the very first day it was being displayed on one of my 5 HD Tv's all connected with Verizon Fios HD Televison Tuners . I believe if you not only had 4 Cell Phone Lines all with data plans, 1 land line, Fios internet and paid extra for even faster internet speeds even tho it wasn't exactly necessary but thought doubling my current internet speeds was worth the very small amount Verizon was asking to achieve this. I believe that if you already had every Verizon product Verizon had to offer and cancelled your COX Communications internet to switch to Verizon internet after having COX Communications for 5 years and cancelled your Direct TV subscription to switch to Verizon Fios TV even though you had been with Direct TV for 7 years already and were happy with the service and pay almost 500 dollars a month in total to Verizon even though they just bundled all my services together and I'm actually saving money now that they bundled everything together and 500 dollars a month is more than my car payment and that's including insurance and that comes out to a little less than 6000 dollars a year every year since ever depending on whether or not I ordered any Sports Events last year, this year, or in the future. So in general, I believe, that if you have always been a loyal customer to your company, I should have been treated like I actually mattered.

Give me my unlimited internet back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Right to the Point. Kind of...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could have kept it if you had purchased the phone at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

If what you are purchasing from Verizon is not worth the price you pay them, you should do what you have done in the past. Go with the provider which provides you the service you want at the price you are willing to pay.

Verizon does not offer unlimited cellular data anymore, UNLESS you are willing to pay full retail for your phones when upgrading. If that price is too steep, then you should go with a provider which you think is more reasonable.

0 Likes
xstevenx

Again, telling a customer to just take their business elsewhere does not make that customer feel like he matters. Whatever happened to doing something for the customers just for the sake of caring about them.

My point was not to give everyone that comes in unlimited internet, my point was to at least come to some sort of middle ground. I believe if a customer also purchases Verizon Fios as their internet service provider, they should then be offered unlimited internet as a reward for choosing Verizon as their cellular service provider as well. Especially if your customer is purchasing your television service as well. This would motivate customers to purchase more than one service from only Verizon as apposed to a bunch of different, more inexpensive providers. And most definitely, if a customer has been a customer, for over 15 years, he should under no circumstances, ever be told to just take their business elsewhere. So bottom line, if a customer has been a customer, and has purchased every service you guys have to offer, they should be bumped up to VIP Status and be offered unlimited internet as a reward just for the sake of being nice. I know Verizon doesn't have to, and especially don't need to, but there is nothing wrong with caring about your customers just for the sake of showing a customer that their business is actually cared for in the company.

It is your customers that pay your bills, take care of them.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

xstevenx wrote:

my point was to at least come to some sort of middle ground.

Verizon no longer offers unlimited data, although they are NOT taking it away from anyone UNLESS that person accepts a ~$400 cost break on the price of a smartphone.

The middle ground Verizon is offering is to let you purchase the phone at full retail price AND then keep your unlimited data.

IF you use a lot of data, this WILL save you a lot of money over any other data plans Verizon offers. IF you don't use a lot of data, you can very well save a lot of money by switching to a tiered data plan for that line only OR switching to the Share Everything plan.

Verizon has chosen their middle ground. Obviously it is not as far to your side as you would like.

xstevenx

And will Verizon never switch any remaining unlimited data plans without a customer agreeing to upgrade their current smart phone beforehand? If Verizon ever did, then there would be no middle ground.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

xstevenx wrote:

And will Verizon never switch any remaining unlimited data plans without a customer agreeing to upgrade their current smart phone beforehand?

As of right now, this is the case. How long this will be the case is anyone's guess. Another case of middle ground is the Maxx plan Verizon is currently offering to get unlimited data customers onto a tiered data plan and the Verizon Edge plan. They are currently offering 6 GB of data for $30/month to those who currently have unlimited data and would like to enter into the Verizon Edge plan.

0 Likes