Re: Ringback Tones discontinued !!!!!!!
Lisamarie-
Enthusiast - Level 1

I get that but shouldn’t there be a app that you can purchase a Ringback tone through them 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You have reached the right person to help you. Ringback Tones are no longer available through Verizon. Any comparable applications through third-party sources would be another alternative. Downloading music will not give you the option to make it a ringback tone. You can only apply it as a ringtone. Does this provide clarity? AmberF-_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Verizon has discontinued their Ring back tones. You can still get ringtones and notifications from 3rd party apps. I think that's my plan. - Carter

0 Likes
Raragirl

I just downloaded Zedge and would very much like to know the process for selecting the ringtone which I can then designate as a ringback.  Can you elaborate more or direct me to a website that could help me with this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Raragirl

I wanted to be clear the item I downloaded is designated as a ringtone I was under the impression that I could then somehow turn it into a ringback tone and my under the wrong impression?

0 Likes
Londonluv07
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ringback tones are only offered though through the carrier. No idea why Verizon got rid of these, I had so many compliments from clients calling and love hearing music. Esp. since Covid more and more people have to actually make a call now to reach someone and connect. There is no third party app that will give a ringback tone since these only go through a carrier unlike a regular ringtone which you can use a third party app. 

I just want Verizon to bring this back, maybe even charge a little more for those that really want it perhaps and bring it back with some fresh music as well! 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we are providing the information you need Raragirl. Ringtones can not be converted into ringback tones. The ringback tone service has been discontinued. Does this provide clarity?

0 Likes
Ladybounty1_

I have had my ringback tone for 18 years and they stopped mine without notifications 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Ladybounty1_

wrote: "I have had my ringback tone for 18 years and they stopped mine without notifications"

Check your last couple of bills (the PDF copy if you are paperless). The last page or so will have various regulatory fee explanations and any changes to the account that will affect your next bill. The realignment of the bill due that occurred a year or so ago had a notification in the bill one billing cycle prior to change. The retirement and discontinuation of the ringback tones were likely notified by the same method. The Verizon Support page about the discontinuation was previously posted on this thread. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ladybounty1_,

I'm definitely sorry to hear you didn't see a notification about this. We want to make sure our customers always know what is coming. We did send out notifications about this on bills and through email but I know that can be missed. We appreciate how long you enjoyed this feature but at this time as technology has evolved we are no longer able to support that.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes