Ringtone & Ringback tone suggestions - Geek niche
ChildofTime

I would think that Verizon would cater a little more to my generation - the original tech geeks responsible for this technology revolution.  It's obvious that "what's hot" is going to be in the realm of teenage pop culture.  However, some of the parents of these consumers, you know the ones who are actually paying the bill, might want a little personalization for themselves too.  Just because I'm pushing 40 and I don't text (except for emergencies & business) doesn't mean that I don't have a life. 

I've seen cell phones go a long way in 12 years.  I had a Motorola brick.  I was of the first techies in my business that could program an alpha pager to "text" my phone - back in the days when receiving a text message was FREE!  I convinced dozens of people to lose the alpha pager & go wireless.  I've shelled out thousands for cell service over the years.  Now it's my time to have my frills.

Us sci-fi geeks would like to see some BSG (BattleStar Galactica), Monty Python, Doctor Who and Torchwood ringtones and ringback tones.  And I'm not talking the old stuff.  Hasn't Verizon noticed the media bandwagon of remakes in sci-fi?  BSG, Tron, Star Trek.  Sprint did with BSG.

Oh, BTW, us old folks who have to hold down a real job to pay the phone/cable bill (taxes, health insurance, mortgage, etc.), might be interested more in the soundtracks for tones, especially ringbacks.   BBC's Torchwood has some awesome music that would work great with this!   To the average person/client/geezer, the tone would sound like a modern classical or instrumental, and to us, it would be a symphonious yet sublime crest of our eccentric character.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ringtone & Ringback tone suggestions - Geek niche
OldFart
Enthusiast - Level 2
I totally agree w/CoT, needs to be more media geared toward the "mature but not dead yet" generation. Heck, given the proper tools some of us might even be able to create our own ringtones!
0 Likes