Roadside Assistance Fail to Cover Towing?!
RoadsideFail

Hi, Verizon Wireless Rep:

I dropped my towing coverage with my insurance company because Verizon Wireless offers Roadside Assistance for $3 a month. I signed up the service back in March 2015 after reading all the terms and condition, thinking that it's a good deal fitting my needs.

Today, there's a hit and run case to my vehicle and part of my front fender was bent and drop to the ground.  I don't want to drive the car to the auto shop dragging the fender; however, the rest of the car is fine without damage. I called the Verizon Wireless Roadside Assistance for the first time but they told me that towing a car that is involved in an accident is not covered by roadside assistance?!

I complained to the roadside assistance rep and later the Verizon wireless representative that this is not acceptable.  First of all, how good is an insurance policy if I cannot use it when i need it?  Secondly, there's no where in the roadside assistance term and condition that excludes accident or collision. See: Roadside Assistance Terms Conditions | Verizon Wireless. The only thing Verizon Wireless Representative can explain is that it's not in a safe condition to be towed, which is not true.

The Verizon Wireless rep can only offers me $25 reimbursement, after learning that it would cost over $300 for towing.  This is an insult and a joke.  The more serious allegation is that this can also be constitute a fraud.

Verizon:  Please explain to your customer paying for the roadside assistance that why you guys cannot help me, a customer paying for the service?  Perhaps your term and conditions needs to be updated if you cannot offer towing in a collision situation.  You also needs to disclose this visibly so people don't cancel their AAA or insurance coverage due to your false advertisement.

I would still like to be reimbursed for my towing service that is supposed to be covered by Verizon Wireless Roadside Assistance.  Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Roadside Assistance Fail to Cover Towing?!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you have coverage that you need at all times. You stated that your car was involved in a hit and run accident. That sounds like a terrible predicament. Were you driving or parked? Did you call the police?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Roadside Assistance Fail to Cover Towing?!
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Well, see here is the thing. You don't get to dictate what "safe condition to be towed" means. Its roadside ASSIST, not a wrecker service which would have come to the site had police been called. Also a vehicle in an accident is not listed in "vehicles that are covered". Perhaps you can discuss it with your insurance and see if those charges can be added in with your claim and deductible. Otherwise it's just one of those things that happens.

ANd no, I am not a Verizon employee.

0 Likes