Re: Robocalls Why doesn't Verizon do a better job of blocking
Throttleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

I brought this very question up with a customer service rep. If Verizon can identify me by my phone number and IMEI etc.. to charge me for service then why can they not identify a spoofed number incoming call to anyone and not connect the call until a valid number matches the device ID required by the FCC to transmit a call in the first place is established. Why, because Verizon gets paid either way. Doesn't matter who called and  who's call you may not receive because of it, still your bill and counts against your usage!

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

They can't identify an MEID number that is not on their network and not all calls are mobile to mobile calls. Your device ID is so that Verizon's system knows exactly which device to ring.

Throttleman
Enthusiast - Level 2

when the spoofed number is a Verizon number that is active or inactive I call [Removed] on that claim. I have returned calls to Verizon numbers with my area code and found not in service and paying customers that had no idea their number was being used for misdeeds such as this.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And then there is this in our possible future unless the people speak up against it. Republicans want to let robocallers spam your voicemail - The Washington Post

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Ann154 wrote:

And then there is this in our possible future unless the people speak up against it. Republicans want to let robocallers spam your voicemail - The Washington Post

This I wouldn't go for. If my phone doesn't ring the option to leave a voicemail should not be available. If I don't answer the phone then you can leave a voicemail.

However, I still say that I don't want Verizon deciding which calls ring my line and which don't.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless they have changed it, another Verizon Wireless customer can already leave you a voicemail without ringing your phone through the voicemail system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If one of my friends or family members EVER left me a voicemail like that, I would NOT call them back. If you need me call me or text me.

0 Likes
mikefurnish
Enthusiast - Level 2

You must own stock in Verizon.  This morning I got a call from the following fake number (+439865).

The bottom line is this is a totally FAKE number and Verizon isn't going to do anything to stop it.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Don't own any stock in Verizon. Don't get paid by Verizon. Just a normal paying customer like everyone else. A paying customer who wants Verizon to continue to what I give them my money for and that is to connect all calls dialed to my number. Plain and simple.

I don't get these calls. I only get calls from those who I authorize to call me. If I do get one of these calls, I select the option to be removed or I scam them right back by pretending that I am not able to hear them or just annoy them until they hang up and never call me again.

Merzdots

As stated in the original post, other companies are doing a better job than Verison.   To me, it feels like Verison doesn't want to invest any money/time to stop it or they are making money allowing it.  I've registered with do-not-call, I pay Verison their silly $2.99 a month to block (which does not seem to help at all).  5 out of 6 calls I get are spam. 

Verison, it is time you do something about it - and please, do not say you understand blah-blah-blah.

0 Likes