Robotic voice and dropped calls between customers on same account.
mmaureenn
Enthusiast - Level 2

My daughter and I share an account. She is in NC and I am in CA. She is on Samsung Note 8 and I am on Samsung Note 10. She uses wifi calling and I don't. 

In the past month to 6 weeks we have been unable to complete a conversation because mid-call she starts to sound robotic, then no sound, then call drops. She says it's happening on her end, too. Same as above, but the call seems to drop on her end. We used to talk for hours with no problems. Now, we can't talk for five minutes. Same service, same account, same phones, same method, same locations. After 3 to 5 awkward attempts, we just give up.

I have read every thread I could find that relates to this issue with no resolution. This is causing our relationship to suffer and stressing us both out. Since it seems to affect iPhone, as well, one can deduce that it's not the result of a recent software update. It only happens to me during calls with her. No one else. She says it only happens to her during our calls, also.

The majority of CS responses on this topic are rather patronizing with no solutions. The suggestions amount to the standard boiler plate busy work that never solve the problem. I have yet to see a single successful solution in the many threads posted on this and similar issues from the past 18 months or so. Please don't insult my intelligence or waste my time. Covid has seriously affected my patience and tolerance for that kind of response from service providers.

There must be something carrier-specific to be affecting so many customers and phone models. I'm hoping that you've figured it out by now and can give me a solution that doesn't involve a carrier change, since I've been happy with VZW until this issue.

Thanking you in advance and looking forward to a happy resolution to this problem.

Re: Robotic voice and dropped calls between customers on same account.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmaureenn, we're so sorry to hear that you and your daughter have noticed a drastic deterioration in the quality of your calls. Our priority is to always keep you connected, and we would love to help get to the bottom of this issue. You've provided us with a lot of helpful information, and I assure you that our offer to help is sincere.

Please tell us, what happens when your daughter disables Wi-Fi Calling and tries to call you? What signal (LTE, 1x, No Service) do you both typically see on your devices? Also, if your daughter makes a Wi-Fi Call while connected to a different Wi-Fi Network, does the issue persist? We value your time and partnership, mmaureenn. We'll get this figured out.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Bender62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am in WI and live in the same house as my husband, I have dropped calls, he does not.  We have been Verizon customers for years, and I have had dropped calls for the last month to 6 weeks also.  Verizon tier 2 support send an extender which will use our last ethernet port on our router.  I shouldn't have to use internet data to make a voice call on "the best network"! 

This is affecting my job, as I am in Teams meetings using my phone for the voice, and it drops and everyone in the meeting hears it go to voicemail.  It is either a Teams issue, a Verizon issue, or both.  I also have dropped calls when NOT working also in my home, yet my husband does not.

Something must have changed on the Verizon network recently, as I have never had problems before.  I have an iPhone 12 mini, my husband has a Samsung 8.

I also work in IT, and understand that software updates can and do have defects, so could it be a Verizon software issue?  How about an iPhone software issue, or a Teams software issue.  Either way, someone needs to make this a priority and figure out the root cause and then fix it.

I am ready to switch carriers along with the 3 other lines on my account, which will be extra work to do.  I would rather just have Verizon figure this issue out and fix it quickly.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would not want you to settle for lesser service because of this. The fact that your husbands device is not dropping calls is indicative of a device issue or application issue. If other Verizon devices in the area are not having the same issue as you, this would usually rule out this being an issue with the Network. With that in mind, are you only dropping Teams calls, or are all calls affected? Did this happen with your previous device, or did it start with the device you currently own? 

VZW_RobertH

0 Likes
John5440

I've had this problem often but only when talking to another Verizon user. My girlfriend thought I was nuts when I said she sounded like a robot. I'd call back and it usually cleared up; not always. Today she said I sounded like the robot. First time on her end. One thing in common was we both were at home using Verizon WiFi calling. I'm wondering if it is a VOIP issue of device priority. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

John5440, we'll be glad to help clear up any sound issues while on phone calls. If this is taking place over Wi-Fi Calling please reboot your Wi-Fi Router and then restart your phone. Test a couple of phone calls again and let us know if anything changes. Thanks!

- Alan

0 Likes
scd615

I have this same issue. I work in a subsidiary office in another city so I'm on my phone a lot. My co workers will tell me when I sound like a robot; I hang up and call back and it resolves. Problem is I talk with a lot of prospective clients as part of my job so I don't always know when I sound like a robot to them, and they may not feel comfortable questioning me about it. This may be costing me and my company business! Please help! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, being on top of your service is vital, especially if you are having tech issues. We are here to help. When did the problem start? What recent changes have you made? Aside from the call audio, any other problems?   ~Gilbert

0 Likes