Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rude Employee and Bad Service at Wilmington Ohio Verizon Store
DanielMcCamish

Last month I traded my iPhone 6s for a new iPhone 13 Pro and was promised a $650 discount. This month my bill states that I'm being charged for the $650 in 24 installments. There is no reference on my account to the trade-in or to the discount. I was also double charged for the $35 "one-time" setup fee: once when I bought the phone, and again on this month's bill. After trying multiple times to reach a live person via chat on the Verizon website, I called the Wilmington Ohio store (1537 Rombach Ave) where I purchased my new phone and was treated very rudely by a representative who said his name is "Clinton". He kept interrupting me, showed no empathy, talked down to me, and hung up without resolving the issue with my billing. Before hanging up on me, I told him that he needed to treat his customers better. Instead of acknowledging his behavior, he tried to shift the blame onto me, accusing me of the same rudeness that he was showing. I was frustrated, sure, but I wasn't rude to this man, nor did I blame him for the situation. I have been a Verizon customer for 18 years and have never been treated like this. Please tell me how to file a formal complaint regarding this employee. Also, how do I go about getting my account straightened out? Verizon's billing practices are extremely complicated, overwhelming, and impossible for an average user like me to understand. I should receive the $650 discount I was promised and shouldn't be billed twice for a "one-time fee" of $35.

Thank you,
Daniel *****

Re: Rude Employee and Bad Service at Wilmington Ohio Verizon Store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, DanielMcCamish. We are very sorry to hear about the experience that you've had when reaching out to this store for support and and for the inquiry that you have regarding your expected trade-in discount. We certainly want to assist with this further in every way that we can. Please send us a private message so that we can assist further. Thank you.   -Brett

0 Likes