Running out of Ideas
gbmphillips

I moved to a new home about 7 months ago, I was unable to get cellphone coverage inside the house I had to go outside to make calls and take calls. Spoke with Verizon who said get an extender for $250 and that should solve the problem, it has been hit and miss with the extender, called the help line and worked with a very nice gal who had me do all kind of different things, we finally settled that the best option was to reboot my router when service was not working very well, It is not a good solution and I am getting to the point where I am almost thinking paying off my contract and find a new service may be my best bet. 10 years with Verizon and have been very happy with it until this move. Someone said get a new phone but geez I don't feel like spending more $$$$ just to find out it may or may not work. I have had other people over with different carriers who seem to have little problems and that was even before the extender. Not sure what else to do her

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Running out of Ideas
rcschnoor
Legend

Another provider MAY be your best option. Keep in mind that your service with another provider may suffer in other locations while your service at home may improve. If this is not a problem, it may be beneficial to switch.

I would be curious if the power cycling of your router cures the problem with your extender, at least temporarily. If so, your problem may be with the router, not the extender, and it may be beneficial to see if a new router would eliminate this problem completely.Smiley Happy

Regardless, good luck with whatever you do.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new home, gbmphillips.
It does sound as though you have done quite a bit to get this issue resolved. Did we already do a resolution ticket to have engineers go to the area to check it? It may just be that the building materials of your home block that signal. It could also depend on tower placement is in relation to your home. We just aren't able to guarantee coverage indoors which is why the network extender is suggested to help.
We wish there was better coverage at your new home. 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gbmphillips

Well it seems pointless to be paying nearly $400 a month for a service that

only works if I go stand outside my home. I know people have been here who

have at&t and us cellular and they don't have the problems I have with my

Verizon. I am stuck at least one more year because of my contact but I

don't know if I can tolerate this poor coverage,

On Jan 9, 2014 7:16 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gbmphillips, I understand that you need service in your home. Unfortunately there are many factors inside a building that can affect signal, and these are out of our control. Since having issues with the network extender, has a resolution ticket been submitted for that device? We have a technical support team that specializes in network extenders. Do you have strong internet connection at the times it is not working?

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
gbmphillips

Yes I have worked with your team and their resolution was for me to reboot

my router whenever I am having an issue. I guess it has just come down top

that I am in a spot that Verizon service is not going to work very well and

there is just nothing that anyone can do about it. It bites because my wife

is a case manager with hospice and it makes it difficult to do her job when

she has dropped calls, poor reception and unable to even get into voice

mail because they system does not recognize her password. I understand that

cell phones are not perfect and coverage is hit and miss but only moving a

few miles from our previous home still in the city we never expected to

have these problems. I am now stuck with a $250.00 extender. You know maybe

this extender is the problem I know when I first got it I had to call

support because it would not properly boot up and even took them two days

to get it to work. There is a year warranty on it, maybe we should think

about replacing it?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Not applicable

I think RC had the best solution. The extender may be a good idea as you are saying to replace, maybe see who uses what service in the area that does function properly.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gbmphillips our goal to make certain you're able to stay connected, especially for business purposes! Our extenders do come with a warranty so we can certainly work on it and replace if needed. We have a specialty department for the extenders that can be reached at 800 922 0204.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes