SCAM for doing a verizon survey
CIJIDASHE
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a Verizon survey and ordered e-cigs, out of St Louis Mo. I was enticed to order for just the shipping and handle, just for doing the survey.  I was charged $99. 95 for the order with no idea I had joined a club and $65 more was taken from my checking account for a second shipment.  I am able to get my $65 back for returning the second order but am out the $99.95.  I think Verizon should do something about being a part of this scam and help all who have fallen victim get their money back.

Labels (1)
Re: SCAM for doing a verizon survey
TAMB2U

I also was directed to a survey to resolve a billing issue, with the on-line chat person giving me the number to call, saying it was to "financial services." It was a survey to get me to enroll in some medic alert service. I did not indicate that I would accept the "cruise" I won because I suspected something fraudulent here. I was never connected with financial services by calling that number. What a scam.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like you gave over your credit card information without reading the details of this offer. It clearly was not offered by Verizon or Verizon Wireless and they're likely not going to do anything about it on your behalf.

The best you can do is see if your credit card company will reimburse you but likely not since you did sign up and accept whatever terms were presented to you.

Lesson to be learned here: when you click "I accept the terms and conditions" you should read the terms and conditions.

0 Likes
MoNe19

Verizon will not do anything about the problem. Especially not investigate and shut down the people who are doing this to their customers. Because that would take money and 'Verizon is all about getting your money and not spending it on your behalf

0 Likes