SERVICE AT APPLE CANYON LAKE, ILLINOIS
RetiredVerizonEngr

Basic voice and text service at Apple Canyon lake with over 800 homes is spotty.  Many have wireless alarm devices that can not reliably report power outages and inside temperature issues (important in winter).  Since supporting only 4G service our coverage has gotten worse.  I understand a proposed additional tower site has been turned down.  This growing community would benefit from better service especially as more residence become full time, year round users.

0 Likes
Re: SERVICE AT APPLE CANYON LAKE, ILLINOIS
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RetiredVerizonEngr, we strive to provide the best possible service and continue to view options to improve and expand. Can you please clarify what ZIP Code you are encountering issues? *Joshua

0 Likes
RetiredVerizonEngr

The ZIP code is 61001.

0 Likes
RetiredVerizonEngr

The ZIP code is 61001

0 Likes
RetiredVerizonEngr

The ZIP is 61001

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. We understand your service is important to you. Can you tell me what data speeds you are getting? How far away do you have to travel before you get decent service?

-Jenelle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the information; can you please tell me more about your problems with the service? Are there any other users experiencing the same problem? Share details. We are here to help.

-Evelyn

0 Likes
RetiredVerizonEngr
Evelyn,

I think my description in the previous response describes the situation.  A field strength test by technical people could best answer the question how our area is being served. I do know an article in our association's monthly newspaper mentioned complaints about Verizon service and that a proposed tower was cancelled.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for checking back in. While this area is not rated as a high signal area, the performance will vary from address to address. So far, there is one report from a customer this year regarding performance in that area, so I would recommend advising other community members experiencing similar difficulties to reach out, as that may help to put your concerns on the map. However, if there was indeed a cancelled plan to construct a new tower, looking into the reason for that cancellation may determine if a change can be expected in the future. - Henry

0 Likes