SICK OF VERIZON!!!
MontanaGirl
Enthusiast - Level 1
My god...I have had more problems and dissatisfaction with this company than any other company I have ever had to deal with over a long-term basis. I live in Montana, so finding a reliable wireless service provider is not so easy. Was gonna switch to Sprint, but their coverage is not what I need. So I'm stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck with Verizon. I have had way too many problems with them to list here, but it's extensive over the five years I have been a prisoner to them. Most recently, I got the opportunity for an early upgrade on my phone. My Samsung Reality was crapping out, as it was kinda old. So I figured since I'm stuck with Verizon anyway, that I'd opt for the early upgrade. I have a tablet, so I didn't need a smart phone...nor did I WANT one, seeing as how I'd have to fork out another $30 on my already-ridiculously priced plan. So I got an LG EnV Touch. Before I ordered the phone, I called customer service to ask about the reliability of the phone, reviews, etc. They assured me I'd love this phone. They also told me that if I got the phone and decided I didn't like it, that I had a 14 day period in which I could return the phone with no hassle. Liars. I get the phone, and it is a terrible phone!! Calls are lost, the sound quality is worse than my old LG EnV 2, and the text input will NOT train words, no matter what I do. So this morning, I called to ask about returning it. The girl I talked to had the personality of a brick wall, as most of them do. There's that 10% of them who are actually pleasant. The girl I got this morning, Gwen, was unapproachable and asked me questions that she could plainly see on her computer screen, like how I ordered the phone, etc. She said returning the phone is "not a problem"...as long as I pay a refundable fee aft they receive my phone...then I can order a new one...being without a phone in the meantime. Oh, and I have to pay a $35 re-stocking fee!! Um, NO! I told her I was not told this in my original conversation when ordering this phone, and of course, she didn't care. I hung up on her out of pure frustration that this company consistently misleads people, only to drop surprise fees on them CONSTANTLY. Like telling me AFTER my bill showed that I went over my minutes that calling my OWN voicemail costs me minutes that go against my plan! I plan on finding anothe carrier, no matter what the service, and gladly paying my termination fees to Verizon. Anything to get me out of this company!!!!
Labels (1)
Re: SICK OF VERIZON!!!
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

MontanaGirl wrote:
So I'm stuck, stuck, stuck, stuck with Verizon. Actually, you could go with AT&T, or look into prepaid providers like PagePlus, Tracfone, Net10, etc.  There are also several regional providers in Montana that may have service in your area.  A little research goes a long way.
I have had way too many problems with them to list here, but it's extensive over the five years I have been a prisoner to them. 5 years means that you chose not once but twice, to sign a new 2 year contract (or kept your service in an out of contract status).  You were not a prisoner for any reason other than your own choice.
So I got an LG EnV Touch. Before I ordered the phone, I called customer service to ask about the reliability of the phone, reviews, etc. Any reason why you didn't go online and do some research on your own?  Do you trust car salesmen?  Don't trust any salesmen, and you'll be happier for it.
 Oh, and I have to pay a $35 re-stocking fee!! Um, NO! I told her I was not told this in my original conversation when ordering this phone, and of course, she didn't care. This information is clearly outlined on Verizon's website and in the information you get when you purchase the phone (the receipt).  If you didn't know this, it is your own fault.  Every store has their own return policies, and most charge restocking fees on electronics.  You were promised a no hassle return, a $35 restocking charge is not a "hassle," it's a fee to cover some of the company's loss on that device.
I hung up on her out of pure frustration that this company consistently misleads people, only to drop surprise fees on them CONSTANTLY. Like telling me AFTER my bill showed that I went over my minutes that calling my OWN voicemail costs me minutes that go against my plan! A surprise fee would be one that you had no way of knowing about.  Overage costs for using more minutes than your plan covers are clearly outlined on your bill and in the paperwork you got when you signed up.  Verizon has a variety of tools to help you monitor your usage, like MyVerizon and text/e-mail alerts.  Had you used these, you could have learned about the overage in time to change your plan to cover it, and also learned that your voicemail calls were using your minutes.  In the future, if you're low on minutes, call your cell number from another phone (like a landline) and press * when the prompt starts, you'll be asked to enter your password and then you can listen to your voicemails.  Or you could use a service like Google Voice or Youmail that transcribes messages and lets you listen to them online/via e-mail.
I plan on finding anothe carrier, no matter what the service, and gladly paying my termination fees to Verizon. Anything to get me out of this company!!!! Excellent choice, and probably the first rational thing you've said.  If you are upset, you should find another provider that will better meet your needs.  I suggested some earlier in the post, good luck in your search.

0 Likes
Grothka
Contributor - Level 3
As far as the restocking fee is concerned, when you purchase a phone with customer service (over the phone) you have to either go through an automated system, or go online to accept the terms and conditions of the order. In those terms and conditions it clearly explains that a return will be charged the restocking fee.
0 Likes
barryr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I suspect these two responses came from Verizon employees masquerading as ordinary bloggers.  If true, it just fits with the other deceptive practices Verizon is so fond of.  What kind of an answer is "you should have read the fine print", which is how I characterize these responses. 

kendog210

Im not sure what provider you plan on going with but coming from a 6 year Sprint customer who just switched to AT&T, Sprint will be just as bad and the same way. 

People need to understand that most providers are this way.  Your whole issue started because Verizon offered you a early upgrade.  Do you think Sprint is going to do this for you?  Sprint also charges you the $35 restock fee on a returned phone.  And they still make you pay for the $36 activation fee even if you decide you dont want the phone or service.  They even charge you $2 in a fee for you to get a paper statement in the mail.

These smartphones are very buggy.  I have learned to really research them first.  Find out if people are having problems.  And no matter what carrier you go to, it would seem the $35 restock fee is the norm.

I understand your fustration.  Before jumping ship for greener grass please get on other forums first.  Especially the Sprint forums.  That company straightup lies to you and there is many proving this on their forum. 

I wish you the best in your search for greener pastures

0 Likes
Lossofconfidence
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon  has become a rip off paid thirty dollars for bs free upgrades, charged a month in advance on four lines,  and now my bill shot up another fifty bucks everyone I talk to is sick of verizon. I dropped by fils and went with Comcast as well bc I've been a customer for ten years and am sick of the hidden charges.

Lossofconfidence
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed

0 Likes