SMS Deliverability to vtext.com
edleatherbury

My company sends customer requested SMS messages to numerous Verizon customers. These are time-sensitive messages that our and Verizon's customers have requested. Over the past three days these messages are being throttled and blocked with the following message:

"452 Too many recipients received this hour. The MTA abc@xyz.com, with IP Address, 123.456.789.123, has a low reputation score. For more information see www.senderbase.org."

Senderbase.org lists our IP as "neutral", which means it is within acceptable parameters. Other reputation monitors list this IP as "excellent". It has never been blacklisted. We send hundreds of thousands of emails daily, and have for many years. We are no strangers to IP reputation monitoring and strive to maintain excellent reputations across all of our IPs.

Is there anyone at Verizon who can direct me to a level of support that could whitelist these IPs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Deliverability to vtext.com
pherson
Champion - Level 1

YYou're gonna have to call customer service. This peer to peer forum won't get you the support you are looking for. Side note from what I understand vtext is going away, or already has. There's no need for it. People can text each other's phones nowadays and there is a web app that Verizon customers can use if they are online. The customer service number is 8009220204.

0 Likes
edleatherbury

I've reached out to that level of support and they have no clue what I'm talking about. I need actual Verizon IT Infrastructure support. The last rep I spoke to was going to try to get me in touch with the right people.

Regarding vtext being deprecated, one rep mentioned that the "VText Portal" is being closed on June 30. He had no idea if vtext was actually going away. I mentioned vzwpix as a possible replacement, and he didn't know what that was.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

WWell unfortunately you aren't gonna get it. The only way for you to get support is by calling customer service. And with vtext leaving I don't see why vzwpix would stick around. Newer reps wouldn't know what it is because it's archaic. These services were used more or less when people had basic and multimedia phones. Now most folks have smartphones and a dedicated email address.

0 Likes