Re: SMS Delivery Issues
josephtd

Clearly they do not. There has been no response and no action.

You have no idea what spam or UCE is....

I just love smug internet experts.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah I know nothing about it. do a Google search on elector[at]my-deja.com

I have been getting spammer off the net for more years you knew what a computer was.

Belong to SPAML and if you visit the email and newsgroup spam groups I am listed there as well.

I detest spam and spammers.

And call Verizon or better yet put your DNS in the SPAMHAUS site and see if it has been listed.

Verizon does not allow spam being sent to their customers.

It is that simple.

Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE)

SPAM is any email not initiated by the owner of that email address. That you personally have permission to send email to. Or as meat product by Hormel.

0 Likes
josephtd

You don't know anything about me, so your claim is pretty amusing, but is indicative of your problem solving skills. I hope you feel better about yourself by trying to belittle others that might be a tad more versed in the goings on in the world than you are.

I am trying to send messages to my phone. Some of my customers are trying to send messages to their phones regarding alerts for things like the arrivals of air ambulance flights, etc. THESE ARE USER INITIATED. So while I appreciate that your life revolves around everything that doesn't work as it should is SPAM - you are incorrect and your repeated attempts to classify something inaccurately makes you look a bit silly.

Furthermore, the sending mail server is on NO BLACKLIST real-time or otherwise. This includes the joke that is known as SPAMHAUS - that stopped being actually useful about 10 years ago.

So no, my friend, it is not that simple.

"

Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE)

SPAM is any email not initiated by the owner of that email address. That you personally have permission to send email to. Or as meat product by Hormel."

And this situation fails all of these tests.

And yea, you seem like a great guy.

http://www.motherboardpoint.com/threads/troll-and-criminal-alert-elector-my-deja-com.54812/

0 Likes
Not applicable

You see the person I had a flame war with for 5 years was indeed a troll poster.

I did not accuse you of trolling I was telling you to check the RBL and Spamhaus is still the site ISP 's use.

Mr. Lindfords credibility is beyond reproach.

I listed that address just to show I had actively fought spam and spammers. It was to show you I knew the subject of which I spoke.

It was a thought of why the notices were not getting through. Many times Verizon and other ISP's believe it to be spam. I cannot say for certain.

You could do a tracert, or DNS lookup to see if there is other issues.

again Good Luck

0 Likes
Not applicable

Joseph I just read your post again. The notifications are to SMS.

Now lets get away from email. They are two different animals.

Verizon has a text reporting system where a user can report it as unwanted and Verizon blocks the text messages from going out over their network.

Just like email but easier to report.

Spam Controls FAQs | Verizon Wireless

it can be done automatically by Verizon Wireless or a customer can do it on their own.

I don't think if you and others want the text alerts Verizon is going to release the domain from sending to anyone.

Someone had to have reported it.

Sorry for the confusion I was reading your initial problem as email sent not as email sent to SMS texts.

0 Likes
josephtd

And lastly, there isn't wrong other than at Verizon. The logs above show exactly what the problem is. This server sends mail to hosts all over the net.

Seems pretty clear to me that anytime you hit a threshold of messages sent Verizon flags you as someone they can extort money from to restore delivery. This company sucks. For insane amount of money they want from their service, the experience should at least be premium.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Did you read my last reply?

You may very well be caught in the reported as unwanted sms/txt

in which case it does get blocked.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. The web link explains it better than I can.

Good Luck

0 Likes