SPAM AND BOT CALLS...
jimmymack1

THESE CALLS ARE ON YOU... THE CARRIER/i.e.VERIZON.  YOU SELL A BLOCKER?  IT SHOULD BE FREE.  TO YOUR SUBSCRIBERS.  FRANKLY, AN INVASION OF PRIVACY, I'M SURE, WITHIN RULES BY THE F.C.C.

DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

0 Likes
Re: SPAM AND BOT CALLS...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand your concern about these calls, jimmymack1. Caller ID spoofing happens when a caller knowingly falsifies the information transmited to your device to disuise the number they're calling from. If no harm is intended or cause, spoof calls are not illegal. This is why it is so hard to get rid of spam calls. Verizon does offer a free option for spam call detection. The free version of the Call Filter app service offers just the basics (spam detection, blocking and reporting numbers) while the premium version offers all that and more. You can find out more about these options here, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/.

JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
blkerr

So, how does the spam detection work on the free version of Call Filter?  I had the free version added to my number on Friday because I received, over the course of the day, 13 calls.  Over the weekend I thought - wow, this is great I received none; guess they took the weekend off.  Yesterday I received 23 calls, so far today (it's not noon yet) I've received 8.  So, what is spam detection?  Is there something I need to do beyond having the free version added to my number?  There's no use wasting my time using the 5 blocks, as you can see I'll need 4 times that daily.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly want to ensure that you know you know all the differences between the free version of Call Filter and the paid version. The great news is that the call filtering features (spam detection, blocking and reporting numbers) works exactly the same for both paid and free versions. For differences however, see #2 of the "Free Spam Protection section of this article: http://spr.ly/6607E9Lfz Select "comparison" for a detailed comparison of the two. Sorry to hear about the issues with some calls coming through. We'll certainly lift up your feedback about this. Does this clarify?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes