Safety Mode when I still have Data left
jonesyct
Enthusiast - Level 1

I currently have the Small data plan - 2GB of data shared on 4 lines.  I also have Double Data which gives me an additional 2GB of data.  I very rarely use more than 3GB, so the amount of data I have is not an issue. 

Last billing cycle, I got an email saying I had used all of my data and I was now in Safety Mode.  The app widget showed that I still had 1.7GB left.  I signed on to my account on the computer and saw the message stating that I was out of data and in Safety mode next to the message stating that I still had 1.7GB left with 5 days remaining in the cycle. 

I used the chat feature to talk to a customer rep.  They confirmed that I still had 1.7 GB of data left but could see that Safety Mode had kicked in. The representative said that they would disable Safety mode for me and that everyone needed to restart their phones.  We all restarted, Safety Mode was off.

Several hours later...BAM...back in Safety Mode when I clearly had 1.7GB of data left.  How does this happen and what is going to keep this from happening going forward?  And what is the point of paying for extra data if I can't use it? 

To add an extra insult, when my new cycle started...it shows I have .04GB of carryover data.  I know that is not a lot...but seriously?  Carry over after I was forced into Safety Mode?  And what happened to the 2GB of data that I was not able to use because I was in Safety Mode.

Of course the customer service rep took the opportunity to try to up-sell me into new unlimited plans which I am not interested in.

Re: Safety Mode when I still have Data left
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day! I understand your concern with conflicting information our agents and system are conveying. Here is a link that'll help with understanding the data usage.   https://www.verizon.com/support/data-utilization-faqs/ Can we check your phone's settings to see how the data was used? May I have the make and model of your device?  - Carter

0 Likes
jonesyct
Enthusiast - Level 1

My personal phone is a Moto Z4.  There is a Moto Power and a LG K20V that use data.  There is a second K20V and an E-Talk that use no data. 

I can't see last months data usage at the moment, the bill is currently processing.  I do have a screenshot from my phone showing it in Safety Mode with over 1GB of data left.  I don't see a way to attach it.

What phone settings do you want to see? Do you need them for all phones?

As I said before, I did contact Verizon and the rep confirmed I still had data left and should not have been in Safety Mode. I have never had this issue before and I want to make sure it does not happen again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated to keeping you connected and I apologize for the experience. I have sent you a Private Note so we can further work to investigate what happened with the usage.

0 Likes