Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE
AnaKir
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having issues with my Watch 4 using as a standalone.  Whenever my Samsung phone is out of range or turned off, my watch (as a standalone) will receive calls only; it does not receive or send texts or ability to use any other data functions.  Verizon has reset it numerous times, including deleting old number and creating a brand new setup from scratch.  Still not working!  They ultimately said that the watch had issues and exchanged it for a new one.  Lo and Behold, the same problem occurred.  They are now blaming Samsung software and I'm not convinced on that.  Verizon tech support Tier 1 & 2 cannot help.  They don't know what the issue is.  I have spent numerous hours either at the store or on the phone for the past 3 weeks, unable to resolve this.  I've worked with at least 8 VZW staff, including a GM and still no further ahead than the first day of this!  Can anyone offer some answers that may solve this?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello AnaKir! 

We are here to support you, and we want to make sure you can enjoy your Samsung Watch! I am so sorry to hear that you have had so much trouble getting it to work. Have you had an opportunity to reach out to Samsung to inquire about the possibility of a software issue? If so, what did they say when you contacted them? 

http://spr.ly/6603KjWAH;

-Michelle

0 Likes
AnaKir
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have reached out to Samsung and the techs I spoke to are not aware of any software issues.  In addition, the Verizon techs are not aware of anything. However, this issue research rests on the responsibility of Verizon, as they are the one selling the LTE watches to the customers.  "Due diligence" needs to be researched by Verizon and "full disclosures" need to passed through to the customers.  I don't want to hear that I need to reach out to Samsung or anyone else.  I purchased the watch from Verizon; I paid Verizon; the research answers need to come from Verizon!!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AnaKir, we understand the importance of making sure you receive a resolution. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken. Let's continue to review. What Software version are you using on your Smartwatch and device? Also, which text message app are you using on your mobile device? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
AnaKir
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi .. thank you for continuing to assist me.  The Galaxy Watch4 has a software version as follows:  R875USQU1EVA9.  You also asked about the "device" so I'm assuming you mean smartphone which is the Galaxy S22 Ultra with a baseband version as follows:  S908USQU1AVA6.  As far as text messaging, I have used Google Messages, Samsung Messages, Verizon Message+.  None of them work in getting messages through when the watch is on standalone.  In speaking with Samsung tech support, they advised to continue to use Google Messages.  So that is what I currently use.  Thanks,

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, AnaKir. We appreciate all the great details you have provided about the text messaging issue on your Galaxy Watch 4. We are going to send you Private Note to assist your further. 

*Cassie

jcutrer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Keep me posted.  I'm having the same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jcutrer. We are very sorry to hear about any issues that you are experiencing with your smartwatch when it is out of range with your smartphone as well. We certainly want to make sure that we do everything that we can to get this resolved correctly in the end. So that we are updated, can you please share with us any troubleshooting steps you have completed so far in attempting to getting this issue resolved?

-Brett

0 Likes
Fredaw1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having the same problem.   I am unable to use my watch as stand-alone.   It was sold to me as such, have spent numerous hours on the phone with Verizon, now they say it wasn't sold as such.  I would have to get an entirely different number for it to do that and not number share.   My daughter has 2 watches and hers work perfectly as they should 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry to learn you are having the same issues, Fredaw1. Has it ever worked separately? What are your reservations about moving it from a NumberShare line?  -Vanessa

0 Likes