Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 LTE
mama23dogs
Legend

@Fredaw1 wrote:

I am also having the same problem.   I am unable to use my watch as stand-alone.   It was sold to me as such, have spent numerous hours on the phone with Verizon, now they say it wasn't sold as such.  I would have to get an entirely different number for it to do that and not number share.   My daughter has 2 watches and hers work perfectly as they should 

Are you paying for service on the watch with Verizon? The cost of adding watch line is $10 plus taxes. Number share does not fully work on the watch unless you have cellular service with a phone number assigned to the watch for data purposes only.
without paying for service on the watch, it is a Bluetooth only device which means it cannot be used as a standalone away from your phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there! We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing these kind of issues with your watch. We always want the best experience for our customers! May we ask if you are receiving any error with your watch? If so what kind do you receive? *Kris

0 Likes
Acurry21
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issue. Purchased watches. Won't connect to network. I have spent over 12 hours in the last 3 weeks to try and get this fixed. 3 hours in store. 2 hours online chat. The rest on the phone. I'm about done with Verizon. If I pay for services I expect them to work or at least fixed in a reasonable time. No one can ever give me direct answers to questions regarding my account and what is going on. 

mama23dogs
Legend

It’s not just Verizon.  Its every carrier, and even Bluetooth watch 4.  Samsung made this piece of junk, and they need to take them back

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's take a closer look into this with you. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

*Gen

0 Likes
Hoony149
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have same problem with my watch 4.

It is not working as stand alone.. 

Paying $10+ plus tax for last 6 month..

My watch is disconnected all service if I am not closer to my phone. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd love to take a closer look at that for you. I'll be sending you a Private Note so we can discuss in more detail.*Zachary

0 Likes
peterjadams
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears I will need to stop Verizon from collecting a substantial financial penalty (i.e., $228) from a low income, disabled, elderly person who was trying to use a Galaxy 4 watch phone he purchased from Verizon for emergencies.
     My neighbor, who has granted me a Power of Attorney, has paid Verizon $10 per month for the last 18 months for stand-alone cellular service on his watch phone, in addition to paying Verizon's charge for cellular service for his Android (Pixel 3a) cell phone. He purchased the Galaxy 4 from the local Verizon store when he switched to Verizon 18 months ago from T-Mobile. He switched to Verizon because his Galaxy 3 watch phone was unreliable on the T-Mobile network; the staff in the local Verizon store assured him that Verizon's "simultaneous ring" capability would work on the watch phone without his cell phone being nearby or on, and without Wi-Fi service. A staff person in the Verizon store also told him upgrading to a Galaxy 4 would allow better support for the watch phone. Nevertheless, he experienced the service interruptions widely reported on the Verizon Community, which precluded him from using his Galaxy 4 as a "medical alert" device. (In preparing a complaint against Verizon, I found on the T-Mobile Community website complaints similar to those on the Verizon Community website. The Galaxy watch phones were unsuitable for use as "medical alert" devices for disabled people.)
     My neighbor has now obtained a real medical alert device to replace his unreliable watch phone. But Verizon wants to penalize him $228 more for not paying to use the Galaxy 4 for an additional 18 months remaining on his 36 month service agreement. (He will then have paid the $228, plus $180 for unreliable service for the first 18 months of his service agreement, $90 for the device during the first 18 months, and $180 for the trade-in value of his Galaxy 3 watch phone.)
     The question now is whether to press for a refund of the charges during the first 18 months of deficient service or only seek to void the charges Verizon says he owes for the remaining 18 months of service. Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@peterjadams wrote:

It appears I will need to stop Verizon from collecting a substantial financial penalty (i.e., $228) from a low income, disabled, elderly person who was trying to use a Galaxy 4 watch phone he purchased from Verizon for emergencies.
     My neighbor, who has granted me a Power of Attorney, has paid Verizon $10 per month for the last 18 months for stand-alone cellular service on his watch phone, in addition to paying Verizon's charge for cellular service for his Android (Pixel 3a) cell phone. He purchased the Galaxy 4 from the local Verizon store when he switched to Verizon 18 months ago from T-Mobile. He switched to Verizon because his Galaxy 3 watch phone was unreliable on the T-Mobile network; the staff in the local Verizon store assured him that Verizon's "simultaneous ring" capability would work on the watch phone without his cell phone being nearby or on, and without Wi-Fi service. A staff person in the Verizon store also told him upgrading to a Galaxy 4 would allow better support for the watch phone. Nevertheless, he experienced the service interruptions widely reported on the Verizon Community, which precluded him from using his Galaxy 4 as a "medical alert" device. (In preparing a complaint against Verizon, I found on the T-Mobile Community website complaints similar to those on the Verizon Community website. The Galaxy watch phones were unsuitable for use as "medical alert" devices for disabled people.)
     My neighbor has now obtained a real medical alert device to replace his unreliable watch phone. But Verizon wants to penalize him $228 more for not paying to use the Galaxy 4 for an additional 18 months remaining on his 36 month service agreement. (He will then have paid the $228, plus $180 for unreliable service for the first 18 months of his service agreement, $90 for the device during the first 18 months, and $180 for the trade-in value of his Galaxy 3 watch phone.)
     The question now is whether to press for a refund of the charges during the first 18 months of deficient service or only seek to void the charges Verizon says he owes for the remaining 18 months of service. Does anyone have any suggestions?

This is not a penalty.  The only thing he owes is the balance on the watch.  He can sell it on Swappa to recoupe some of the cost.  He had 30 days to try it out, and return it if it wasn’t doing the job expected.   Once the watch is paid off, he owes absolutely nothing for service. I don’t know why anyone is under the impression that he owes for another 18 months of service.  That’s not correct.

The balance of the watch installments should be published in his online account.   

0 Likes
peterjadams
Enthusiast - Level 2
  • Verizon sold a Samsung Galaxy 4 watch phone as a medical alert device to my elderly, disabled neighbor and many other similar customers. Verizon knew that Samsung was issuing software updates repeatedly for this device due to its stability problems. It was not reasonable to expect my neighbor to figure out within 30 days of his purchase from Verizon that his Galaxy watch phone was not capable or reliably functioning as a standalone cell phone, especially as Verizon repeatedly restored the cell functionality in the first 30 days and in first year but did not disclose the software problem with the watch phone. Verizon should not have discriminated against elderly and/or disabled people by deceptively selling Galaxy watch phones as medical alert devices. 
0 Likes