San Francisco 4G LTE almost non-existent (94115)
arete77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't even get the speedtest app to load.  My wife was able to on her iPhone, and her download results were .86.  That's POINT 86, slower than 3G I think.  This has been constant for months, at least.  These are the speeds on a Sunday at 8 am, so don't tell me it's "congestion".  Is there any reason I shouldn't just switch to AT&T?  We've talked to customer service several times and they haven't had any advice that has done anything at all.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: San Francisco 4G LTE almost non-existent (94115)
TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You deserve nothing short of stellar service, arete77! Is the zip you provided that of your home area work or popular area destination that you and your wife tend to visit? Does this issue occur both indoors and outdoors? The speeds provided are within the 3G range does the device display 3G or LTE when running the speedtest?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
arete77
Enthusiast - Level 2

94115 is the zip of my home.  This happens indoors, outdoors and when we walk around the city.  It happens for both my wife's iPhone 5S and my Samsung S4.  I still can't get the test to run at all (it says "network connection issues") but I'm showing 2 or 3 bars of 4G LTE.  My wife's phone says LTE and she still gets next to nothing.  I'm attaching a speedtest she ran this morning - download speeds of 0.07. Actual usage speeds for web browsing feel that slow as well.
IMG_6599.png

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

arete77 That really is not what we would expect your speeds should be when on our 4G network! Let's try a few things on your phone first and we will move onto your wife's device next. On your phone follow these steps http://vz.to/1wwLa5M and please make sure you are on LTE/CDMA. If you do make a change, please test the phone and advise if there is any change in signal quality. On your wife's phone, could you please reset the network, Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. Please also test out her connection.

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
arete77
Enthusiast - Level 2

I verified I am on the LTE/CDMA setting and ran a speedtest again.  I was able to run it this time and got ping 106ms, download 0.71 Mbps, upload 0.27 Mbps.  My wife did the network reset again (she's tried this a few times) and had no real change in her results either.

0 Likes
arete77
Enthusiast - Level 2

And just like when I've called customer service, this seems to be the end of trying to fix the problem.  Since it's apparently a network problem, I'd appreciate you just saying "the network is at capacity" instead of telling me over and over that "I should be getting better speeds than that" because it has been this way for months.  Be adults and tell me WHEN you are going to upgrade the network and what speeds I can expect then.  Or provide an actual solution, but at this point I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with my phone.

TyroneGreen
Contributor - Level 2

Love My Speed Rock on!

tmobile_speed_test.png

0 Likes
wwits
Enthusiast - Level 2

Arete77 you aren't alone.  I live next door in 94114 and while my AT&T friends have great speeds, Verizon customers have <1 Mbps in my neighborhood.  Standing in the middle of the street at 17th & Ord, you actually can't get an LTE connection at all.  See this other thread several people are involved in, with similar results to you.

Extremely slow LTE service in San Francisco

0 Likes
Irie1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did you ever hear anything back from Verizon after this post? I have been he exact same issue.

0 Likes