Scam Robo-call claiming to be VZW
john_a1

I just got a robocall on my VZW cell from a spoofed number (800-888-9612).  The recorded voice claimed to be Verizon, and encouraged me to visit a web URL starting with "vzw" and log in to claim $63.

I presume this is a scammer who is phishing for VZW logins/passwords.   Verizon, you may contact me for the full url, which I didn't want to link to here, in order to investigate.

-John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Scam Robo-call claiming to be VZW
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It definitely sounds like scam that has been going around for a while now. The fake URL changes on an almost daily basis. A quick search of this community will find dozens of similar threads.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The phone number that they call from changes as well.

0 Likes
Realtorguide

This is very weird. I just rcvd two calls from 800-888-9612 and because I didn't answer I assumed they would leave a msg.

Well... As all suspicious companies are known for, they did not leave a voice-mail either time.

I looked up the phone number and found this post, but then decided I AM GOING TO CALL THEM AND SEE WHY THEY ARE HARASSING ME.

The answering system states they are:

(shared information removed)

I still have no clue why they are calling me. I guess just another telemarketer to add to the list.
Hope my information can be of some help!

Private information removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
CeCeK

I just got the same phone call. I did a search for the phone number ant it came back to a company called (removed).

Looks like the Website was purchased/registered today. There is a name and contact information for the domain owner, but I'm assuming it is fake as well. However, the company he purchased the domain from likely has his real information unless he used a stolen credit card. So who the hell do we report this (removed) to so we can stop him? 

Private information and language edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Gizzy66
Enthusiast - Level 1

the number just called my cell. twice. I googled the number to see what company was calling and came across this forum. Glad it was here.

heidiverizon

I just received this exact same call on my Verizon cell phone. From same # (800)888-9612 offering same $63 and URL

0 Likes
sarparton
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received two calls from them, but did not answer. They did not leave a message and I received calls from another, similar number a couple of weeks ago. Any way Verizon can do something to stop this?

jlaswell
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got two calls from this number as well.  Did not answer, received no voice mail.

0 Likes
vzwonthemove
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just received a call from this number.  No message left.  Looks to be a spam called.  Blocked the number with G Voice.

0 Likes