My phone trade in
JayMcC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have been reading about all these issues. Looks like I too have been giving this pile of garbage. $850 credit only to get back $70 and a pic of a cracked phone which isn’t mine.

Re: My phone trade in
migreco

I have been a customer for over 25 years. I purchased 4 new phones on the trade-in. ALL of my phones were in cases from day 1 with screen protectors. None of them had any issues whatsoever. For the first phone, I received $700 credit, 2 and 3 phones I received $620, and for the 4th phone, I received $400. I videoed the 4th phone being sent in after the UNFAIR reduction on the 2nd and 3rd phone with a note that says if I do not receive full value I do not want to trade the phone in and I am to be contacted. Well, guess what - No contact. What is Verizon doing, they lead you into believing that you will get $800 when trading in, then you go through the process and it said I would receive $700, then they reduce them 2 by $80 and 1 by $300. REALLY, HOW IS THIS FAIR? I don't have the budget to make up for this difference.  What do I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, migecro. We appreciate your many years with us and are glad to see that you traded in your devices. I am happy to help. May I ask why the trade-in values on your previous trade-ins were adjusted? Please share additional details. 

-Lorenzo

0 Likes
bthompso2001
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon did the same "trade in trick" to me.  Offered $800 for a Samsung S10+ that was in perfect operating shape, no scratches and battery good.  They gave me only $76.

The interesting things, the IMEI device number I sent them and the one they claimed they gave a credit on do not match.  I have seen many of us experiencing the exact same shady thing on trade in's.  Mine had no comments about problems with a trade in, just gave me $76 instead of the $800.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to start a new conversation on the most relevant board. Thanks!

Re: UNFAIR VALUE on my phone trade in
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, bthompso2001, we can help see what happened with your trade-in value. So we can best assist, we will be reaching out via Private Message.

-Lauren

0 Likes