Scammed by trade-in
coliver83
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just spent nearly 2 hours on customer service trying to get the trade-in amount promised to me when I switch to Verizon.  I was refused the trade-in amount because they supposedly received the phone with a completely smashed screen.  However, I absolutely sent it in in perfect condition.  In fact, I even had the Verizon representative at the store verify it was in perfect shape.  However, the store would not accept the phones there for trade-in and instructed me to follow the given directions and mail it off myself...which I did.

I heard nothing from Verizon, so I assumed everything was ok.  When I looked at my bill today, I saw that they did not give me any credit for it.  I called them and was on the line for 2 hours.  Eventually, I spoke with Flavia, someone who claimed to be the most superior person there and she eventually got short and rude with me.  I know for a fact that I sent the phone in perfect condition and Flavia indirectly suggested that that was not the truth.  When I asked to speak to someone above her, she said she was the top and there was no one above her to talk to.

Furthermore, even though I heard claims of pictures showing the phone being shattered, I was never given access to these pictures.

I truly feel scammed and insulted by Verizon and would leave if possible.  Verizon should feel ashamed about this as well as about how they treat their customers.

Re: Scammed by trade-in
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you document the phone prior to packaging it? Was it packaged to prevent damage during transit? Did you request documentation of the supposed phone damage from the trade-in department to compare to the documentation you made? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the assistance you need, when you need it is absolutely crucial. I understand where your frustration is coming from, and we want to make this right. In order for us to provide our best assistance, please reach out to us through your personal Facebook or Twitter account. We hope to speak with you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

@vzw_customer_support wrote:

Getting the assistance you need, when you need it is absolutely crucial. I understand where your frustration is coming from, and we want to make this right. In order for us to provide our best assistance, please reach out to us through your personal Facebook or Twitter account. We hope to speak with you soon. MichelleH_VZW

Is sending them a private message through the Verizon Wireless Community forum not available to you? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes