Security deposit issue: customer service saying it is never possible to get it back
DavidBaek
Enthusiast - Level 1

To anyone who might be able to straighten things out here,

first of all, I am not asking for a security deposit back right away. I was just asking for a possibility of getting my security deposit back and on which condition I can get it back. However, when I called up (800)-922-0204 and spoke with counselor after waiting half-an-hour, she told me I am unable to get security deposit back at all since it is non-refundable to anyone. I questioned her why is it called a deposit in such case, and she kept on insisting that security deposit is something I pay in the beginning to open up an account and it cannot be returned at all. I was puzzled since the guy at the retailer shop and he told me I can probably get the deposit back at some time later and check the estimated date to get the deposit back if I called the number specified above and talked to a counselor.

So I checked up the answers posted up in this forum and figured out that indeed security deposit is returned after certain criteria is met. I was really irritated and upset, but that's something I have to deal with, so I'll pass on that. Following are my conditions on Verizon account and I hope someone can tell me when I can possibly get the deposit back and/or where I can get such info.:

I first opened up my account in Verizon 4 years ago with $400 deposit (Aug. 2014). Then, as a Korean male, I had to go back to my country to serve      in military service that I had my account suspended for about 3 consecutive years. (Thanks to the Verizon retailer who helped me out at Oakdale Mall.)      The first condition to get the security deposit back was "to have 12 consecutive monthly bills paid without delay (No suspensions while doing so)" and I      know it was not done since I suspended my account at around 10th month (June 5th, 2011). I re-activated my account with a different phone and a plan      on Aug. 30th, 2014 and the guy at the Verizon service center in Vestal, NY told me to check when I can possibly get my security deposit back.

Sorry to leave such a long message here but I guess I am not good at summarizing things here. Please take the pain and help this poor kid out.

Thanks to y'all who reads it & leaves a possible answer to my question.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Security deposit issue: customer service saying it is never possible to get it back
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, I assume you have a misprint and you opened your account ~4 years ago in August of 2010, not 2014(1 month ago).

Next, it appears you had your account suspended for 3 years after completing only 10 months of service and have recently re-activated the account.

If the above information is correct in your case, I would assume you will get your deposit back 12 months after reactivating your account without any further suspensions and/or late payments. So I would guess you will be eligible to get your deposit back in August, 2015.

View solution in original post

Re: Security deposit issue: customer service saying it is never possible to get it back
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello DavidBaek. I myself would be wondering about the return of my security deposit check after so long too. Let's see what we can do to help get you an answer with regards to your deposit. In order to assist, I have sent you a DM. Please respond back to the DM so that I may assist further in reviewing what is going on. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, I assume you have a misprint and you opened your account ~4 years ago in August of 2010, not 2014(1 month ago).

Next, it appears you had your account suspended for 3 years after completing only 10 months of service and have recently re-activated the account.

If the above information is correct in your case, I would assume you will get your deposit back 12 months after reactivating your account without any further suspensions and/or late payments. So I would guess you will be eligible to get your deposit back in August, 2015.

DavidBaek
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's what I would assume, but the words of customer service center lady just keep giving me the worries.

And thanks for pointing out the mistake on my post!

0 Likes