Service Issues
Chinook007

Looking for assistance with service issues at home. I understand that service is not guaranteed inside your home, but quality of service outside my home is very spotty at best. We recently moved to 55304 and have had limited service since day one.  The only location where a conversation can be had is at the end of the driveway. Since I do not have a landline this can be an emergency nightmare. I called support for assistance and was told she would try to “boost my data signal from the tower”. I don’t think this was a good resolution to the issue. I was also told to use my WiFi to make calls. Again I don’t think this is good resolution to the issue as the handoff to the cellular tower drop calls along with other issues related how it works seems to be a temporary band-aid and not a solution. Signal levels outside the four sides of my home seem be around -100 to -110. I am currently plan on adding new line to my account, but will need a resolution to this issue or we will have to move all phones to another carrier. Is there anything that can be done?

0 Likes
Re: Service Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have a landline based Internet service, you can purchase a network extender for your house if you have a postpaid account. Otherwise you can purchase a cellular booster from a third party retailer. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chinook007, congratulations on your move! I hope everything went smoothly. I'm sorry to read that your service is spotty at your new home. Your business is appreciated & the last thing we would want is for you to leave us. Allow us to look into this further to figure out a resolution. Yes, you are correct that wireless providers are not able to guarantee service indoors. This is due to many variables that are outside our control. That is why we have suggested using Wi-Fi when it is available. Have you been able to use Wi-Fi calling while indoors? If not, please give this a try. Here are the steps for iPhone models https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/ & here are the steps for Android models https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-201649/

The area that you are in, does not show any reported network issues. However, this is not saying there aren't any as you clearly are having problems. About how long have you lived in this location? Since you have been there, have there been any extensive weather conditions/storms? When you are outside your home & have Wi-Fi turned off, what type of signal displays (how many bars? 1x, 3G, 4G?)?  AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

What carriers do the neighbors use?   Always the best resource is people who live near you.

rcschnoor
Legend

@Chinook007 wrote:

Looking for assistance with service issues at home. I understand that service is not guaranteed inside your home, but quality of service outside my home is very spotty at best. We recently moved to 55304 and have had limited service since day one. 

This would have been the time to take action. Yes, service is not guaranteed inside your home, but it is also not guaranteed outside your home. When looking for a cellular provider, you should look for the one which best covers the areas in which you frequent. No one provider will have the best coverage in ALL areas. As has been mentioned by others, what providers do your neighbors use? Do their providers have good coverage in your area?

0 Likes
Chinook007

AliciaD_VZW, Thank you for the response, My phone does show that am on the LTE network, but I believe that I have seen it drop to 1x in areas of my yard. WiFi calling has worked, but again it is horrible when it attempts to hand off the call to a cellular tower. Spotty and dropped calls are pretty common.  

Also, how does WiFi calling handle e911 calls while on a network other than my home WiFi?  

If I decide to go with a network signal booster, what is the permission policy and procedure for registering it with Verizon per FCC regulations?  

After further research it does look like the nearest cellular tower is only a mile away, unfortunately the antenna lobes of that particular tower are primarily directed away from my home and more towards the nearby highway.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do everything we can to assist you regarding your service.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes