Re: Service Outage
warlords1973

FYI, Learned from a friend who is on the Fire Department that a car hit two polls over in Silverton area that has the tower offline

0 Likes
tucstwo

I highly doubt a car taking out 2 telephone poles in the Silverton area could cause an outage of this magnitude and scope. certainly there's more than 1 tower in all of Ocean County. People have been out since 1-2pm today, ALL OVER. Phone, 3G, 4G, text...all out or intermittent. This is a much bigger issue.

0 Likes
eightball1978

I think verizon better give all customer affected some type of discount on are next phone bill. This is crazy. I thought since sandy this towers had backup power for them, so i dont think power is a issue here

0 Likes
warlords1973

Even with Sandy we didnt really have that many issues with Cell phone service.

It also may not be power that is out. The Cell Site Switch may not be right where the tower is. When I worked for Western Wireless (DBA Cellular One) if any of the lines went out that connected the switch to the tower or the switch to the central network it affected service. So if the line that goes to the cell tower is down from the switch it will not accept service.

0 Likes
Stbortko

Do we have an actual update from a admin regarding how long this is going to last?

0 Likes
warlords1973

Yes that would be very nice to know.I am in a on-call job so having the phone out makes it very risky that I may miss a call to go go up to the Data Center.

0 Likes
tucstwo

While I'm happy everything seems to be up and running again, I will say only this on this comment:

Even with Sandy, my phone worked 75% better than it did yesterday. For the week or so following Sandy..and I live in Brick, NJ (IE-HEART of Sandy destruction), I had a drop in LTE coverage, my texts would take bit longer, sometimes I would have to send a call more than once...but yesterday...yesterday...NOTHING WORKED AT ALL! It would have taken 5 Sandy;s to cause that type of outage...and still. NO ANSWERS, no responses here (or on Twitter). Yeah, it's fixed, but how about an explanation? ANYTHING?! What about those of us who depend on our phones for our businesses or for family safety? ...Not a peep? Not even an "We're Sorry"? Just ignore it and brush it under the rug like it never happened? Perhaps then no one will complain and ask for money back on their bill, huh? Oh what outage?

VZW -  "Derp. Owtage? Err Fonez werkin 4 uz 2dae Kno Problemz!"

Nice, VZW...TYPICAL.

0 Likes