Service coverage issue reported resolved - Was not.
pettyog

We recently moved within an area that generally has good VZW coverage.  We were disappointed to find the house we bought seems to be in a dead zone at the locus of three different towers all about 4 miles away. We have very spotty coverage anywhere from 2 bars 4G to not even 1x all while sitting still..  If we walk 25 to 50 yards south  coverage comes back.

ATT which shares at least one of the towers has good signal INSIDE the house.
Anyway I reported the issue because most of my family who will often visit also use VZW. A ticket was opened and I was solemnly assured there would be a resolution of some kind.

I guess there was... if you call upsell options a resolution.

Here's the official  response I got by  text:

8/18 4:20

Free Verizon Msg: Our review of your reported service issue [removed] is nearly complete. Verizon Tech Support will call you in 24 hours with more info.

8/19 12:52

Free Verizon Msg: Your reported service issue review is complete. Click the link to see more details. www.vzw.com/support/signal-concern-resolution

I did not, of course, receive a call.  The so called resolution (boilerplate) leaves the ball firmly in my court. 
All of them require I either upgrade our phones and connect through my own internet OR I buy an additional device.. and connect through my own internet.

While the price of the so-called repeater (it is not a repeater) is at market value. It's still money out of my pocket and MY bandwidth being used to alleviate VZW's coverage problem.  AND I must maintian a 5Mb upload speed provider contract.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Service coverage issue reported resolved - Was not.
pherson
Champion - Level 1

@weth is correct. But I would use the return policy on a provider to make sure it works in every place before I leave.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

So your expectation was for them to build a several hundred thousand dollar tower so you could get service.  no carrier guarantees service and their are always dead zones.  Get wifi calling, get the expander, or switch carriers.  Expecting anything else just creates unnecessesary anxiety and disappointment. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pettyog,

Thank you for reaching out to us here for help! We hope that your move went smoothly other than this speed bump with service. Let’s work together on your signal issue. What Zip Code do you currently live in? What make & model phones do you have? Reason asking is certain model phones have the ability to make calls over wifi.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

@weth is correct. But I would use the return policy on a provider to make sure it works in every place before I leave.

0 Likes
pettyog

* Alicia S @ customer support:
_THIS is really frustrating.  I went through all this just days ago. I posted the ticket #. It was removed from the post. I still can provide it.

Email me directly and I will send it for your review.

0 Likes
pettyog

@weth: Where did I say that?  People like you are really discouraging. 
I suggest you  read the post again and if that doesnt work take a refresher in reading comprehension.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

We have seen this complaint on here many many times.  The result is the always the same: buy the extender, get wifi calling phones, or switch carriers.

0 Likes